Unfulfilled Civilization Niches

I promoted once and, let me promote it again, to have every civ on earth past and present but in different categories of gameplay to choose from the start. The problem with this is that each civ within the same category would be the exact same except for city names, and every names, hence the feasability for the developers to include them all.

Here are the different categories, which of course would imply a massive revamp of the Civ gameplay :

Barbarians
Historical civ
Pastoral civ
hunter-gatherers
city-state

You should be able to win on Deity with any of those types. Of course, the goals would be different for each category. While the Historical civs would have the larger specter of victory conditions, they may become one or the other category on course.
Depending on what type of player you are, you could choose the corresponding category : for example, for a peaceful play, you could choose hunter-gatherers, because there's no mean they could remain that and form big armies, except by exceptions maybe, by coaliding with other tribes (see native american tribes)

The problem is that one should find a gameplay for each of those five categories, and that they would have to differ dramatically. The most preoccupating category is so far hunter-gatherers, because they are supposed to have all disappeared when Historical civs appeared, except in few exception like in reserves in the US. I guess their victory could be something like the Natural victory of Alpha Centauri game. And also a rehabilitation of ICS, with many "city" or "camps", but not far from each others. Unless devs implement a system of nomadism. But I think such tribes should treat with Historical civs one day or the other. For example by letting their tax collectors to collects goods or gold from them, of by having to resist at the implementation of massive agriculture. Not to say such things would be easy, particularly in Deity.

But i lack info to go further, anyone can help ? What about African civs, were Zulus for example agricultural or mostly hunter-gatherers ?

Couldn't agree more. It's a shame we know Babylon won't be in Rise and Fall (as it's now a city-state). We'll just have to hope for their return in DLC or XP2.
The Maya are also a CS, and I get the feeling we will see them turn into a full civ in the future.

I support more tribal civs in general thats what i liked about 5 when it was finished i like playing as the polynesians and playing againt only tribal civs on a small islands map

Top Bottom