Unhappiness mystery

arihant

Warlord
Can someone help me to figure out this mystery?
First line 34 unhappiness comes from city buildings, diseases, pets, crime etc...buildings, easy check up, this one is pretty clear but could be better done
Second line 82 unhappiness is total mystery for me, some are probably from civics but 82 is ridiculous number
third line 6 unhappines is probaly cos i have active slavery

My question is where this 82:mad: comes from??:confused: I thinking out civics, diety difficulty but its all just my guessworks and the amount of unhappiness is too high for the size of this city(19) and industrial era.

I ended all wars, civilizations which owned this city was completly destroyed and no longer exist so no troubles from this point. I play with no revolution. No slaves market or slaves in this city.
I play SVN one week old version.
Its not only this city, half of my cities have same issue and starting to starve to death. Any advice?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0383.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0383.JPG
    378.1 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Warning almost 20mb size. Yes its pits scenario :).

Attachments

• Mao Tse-tung BC-7267a.CivBeyondSwordSave
    19.2 MB · Views: 206
Warning almost 20mb size. Yes its pits scenario :).
Looks like its global unhappiness from crimes.
That is you have too many cities with high level of crime - first one with global unhappiness appears in Renaissance era.

Drug Cartel (Renaissance crime) and Sectarian Violence (Atomic crime) gives 1 unhappines in every city, so if you have 20 of those you get 20 unhappiness in all cities.
There are two more crimes with that feature, but they are future ones.
Other than that there is few Pepper's buildings that are in Information and later eras.

Your game would be much longer era wise on smaller maps :p
That is tech leader should be in Ancient era according to calendar.

You have 110 cities.

Last edited:
OHH thank you. Looks like drugs are causing +2unhappiness in all cities and rioting +1. Yes, i conquered a lot of cities full of crimes 3k+, AI is falling apart at controlling crime. Now it makes sense.
Damn this need to be more clear where all the unhappines comes from.

OHH thank you. Looks like drugs are causing +2unhappiness in all cities and rioting +1. Yes, i conquered a lot of cities full of crimes 3k+, AI is falling apart at controlling crime. Now it makes sense.
Yeah, properties can be intense when it comes to unhealth/unhappiness even though yield reduction may be completely insignificant in developed cities.

PPIO separated pseudobuildings (entries with -1 cost) from everything else.

I'm not sure how it could be made more clear that you have buildings causing unhappiness in all cities (global unhappiness). The +82 states next to it: "Buildings and Effects that impact all of our cities are annoying us all!" So this would mean that you have a problem with global unhappiness - some of your cities are suffering so profoundly that the suffering is spreading everywhere.

Soon as I saw that line, I knew this was a result of some places that were out of control with crime. Crime is one of the few reasons you can get much global unhappiness effects.

I have to wonder a little why those AI cities are still suffering so much with it in the late game... Lots to look into there when I have the focus to do so.

Do you look at the left panel in a city screen? Has 3 tabs, right most will show Crime effects in regards to :yuck::mad:, etc.

Also be Very aware of Education levels too. Negative Education levels give More :mad: and :yuck: too, And so much more.

EDIT: Also using scenarios may give you different results than a standard C2C game. Strong emphasis on the "may". That is why we ask you to contact the scenario maker 1st before posting it as a C2C main game problem.

Top Bottom