1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unhappiness/Unhealthyness

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by bigfella, Jul 30, 2007.

1. bigfella

bigfella Chieftain

Can anyone help ? my cities suffer from bad unhealthiness and starvation even though i seem to have built plenty of farms when i put my workers on autmated action even with city emphasis on food i stillcant get the green face icons to dissapear limiting my growth any ideas ?

2. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Deity

Food has nothing to do with reducing unhealthiness. And actually, the point is not to reduce unhealthiness, but to have more health points than unhealthy points.

To do so:
    :yuck: from population: Only way to reduce it is to reduce the population of your city. Not the best way.
    :yuck: from flood plain: No way to reduce it
    :yuck: from jungles: clear jungles
    :yuck: from buildings: No way to reduce it until very late in the game

best way (after clear jungles) is still to raise :health: . How to do so?
    Buildings (aqueduct, grocer...)
    Civic (environmentalism)
    Ressources (rice, clam, cow...)
    Fresh water, forest
    Expansive trait

Someone has written in the strategy forum an article about unhelthiness and unhapiness; I suggest you take a look at it.

3. Figaro

Figaro Tywysog

It's also possible you're the victim of a maliciously unbalanced and badly designed espionage. Beware!

4. Cam_H

Cam_H Deity

Bigfella,

Welcome to CivFanatics! :)

A small technicality, but I think that you mean 'Citizens' rather than 'Workers' - 'Workers' are units that improve tiles.

The :yuck: citizen is consuming 3:food: rather than the standard 2:food: - you're right that it is limiting growth, but sometimes it can be more than tolerable in cities with food excess. Generally I would recommend that you look for ways to address unhealthiness (see below).

Cabert wrote;These give a comprehensive explanation of options and tools for addressing unhappiness and unhealthiness.

:lol: ... It's probably worth noting that this refers to events that may occur in the 'Beyond the Sword' expansion pack.

5. Mehmed II

Mehmed II Ottoman Empire

Sacrifice unhappy population by nationhood or slavery.