Unhealthiness

buffalo6542

Nuke Maniac
There are some buildings that you would think cause unhealthiness yet they don't. One example of this would be a stable. Because horse crap would have a lot of germs in it, we would expect it to be unhealthy, yet it isn't. Post your ideas of what should and what shouldn't be unhealthy. :yuck: :yuck:

Hospital, because there are lot's of sick people in it... :crazyeye:

Tbh. i think there is enought unhealthy in the game as it is.

Extra unhealthiness if you're playing as the Greeks (the Augean Stables).
Seriously, I hear that in BTS power itself provides unhealthiness; this is ridiculous.

Yep 2 :yuck: from just power. Even without factory. Elektrosmog i guess.

Perhaps Manhattan Project should give some :yuck: (locally)... But on the other hand - Nukes are nerfed enought as they are...

Yep 2 :yuck: from just power. Even without factory. Elektrosmog i guess.

Perhaps Manhattan Project should give some :yuck: (locally)... But on the other hand - Nukes are nerfed enought as they are...

Aye, nukes need a change. Realistically, it would obliterate a city. Yet if a civilization were to fire off a nuke in the real world, the target would fire off all theirs before the first ones landed. IMO, the first civilization should be able to prepare by getting like half the population into bomb shelters before they fire off their nukes. It would provide a huge unhappiness bonus (you sacrificed our city for war!), but it would prevent complete obliteration. The target city would be destroyed until a worker scrubbed it, at which time it would start as a 1 pop city (and possibly to be a bit less harsh, all buildings that were in it cost half the hammers to build).

Nukes would have to cost a bit more though. And they'd have to add an option that auto-fires when the enemy fires a nuke. :p

I don't think I've got round to using a civ 4 nuke, maybe once back when I first got it, I've never been very impressed, they should be much more powerful, and perhaps a national wonder rather than everyone getting them. And different levels, I mean theres the original ones which would destroy half a city but require a plane or something to drop them. But modern ones are much more deadly, and can be launched from silos on another continent. So perhaps bombers have space for bombs and you can construct different types, different wieghts, cluster bombs for taking out troops, bunker busters, H bombs and fire bombs. Then a silo as a secondary tile improvement (like my idea of castles not removing whatever else is in the tile). And an early warning defense system, not sure how this works, I think it should require radar stations which you could build in other peoples territory/close to where you think they'll be launched, with the land owners permission of course. These would also be secondary tile improvements.

Yes I agree when you fire a nuke against another civ it should kind of enter a mini round of everyone being able to respond with their own nukes. Manhattan project should not give everyone nukes. Maybe after you build it it should half the price of everybody building their own. (isn't it odd that nukes are housed in a city?)

Edit:Wait I know nukes should not be instentanious, they should land on your next turn alowing everyone to respond without a mini nuke round.

Oh yeah railroads before modern age. Trains w/their polution. Also this would help w/ the annoying railroad spam strategy. Instanious travel pretty much takes the point out of military stategy and tactics.

i dont understand how Hydro plant give +2:yuck:. i mean i understand a coal plant but a hydro plant.

i dont understand how Hydro plant give +2:yuck:. i mean i understand a coal plant but a hydro plant.
They Hydro plant doesn't give you +2:yuck:

The ELECTRICITY ITSELF gives you +2:yuck:

If you build the Three Gorges Dam wonder, all the cities on your continent will get +2:yuck: from the electrical output!

Bunch of stinking Luddites at Firaxis. Everyone knows that the world was so much healthier before Electricity (gag).

Exactly, that has been said, and that is Wolfs point, it is ridiculous that Electricity decreases health when public transport provides +1 health with oil??? What about electrical public transport? Underground/local train systems, electrical buses, trams.

Top Bottom