1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

unimproved tiles late game

Discussion in 'General Balance' started by Thibix Magnus, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Thibix Magnus

Thibix Magnus Chieftain

Assuming the mod is still largely in progress, I'd like to ask: what would people think about buffing late game unimproved tiles?

It would add culture/tourism/happiness as replacement to "raw" yields from improvements. Maybe make tourism/science from zoo and rationalism apply to unimproved forests and jungles only, and add additional culture/tourism yields to any unimproved tile triggered by biology and mostly ecology. Can be anything although forests, marshes, isles would be prime targets as they have higher natural yields (and ofc natural wonders).

To take further the mini-game, increase yields based on adjacent unimproved tiles (e.g. +1 culture/tourism, +1 for every 2 unimproved adjacent tiles), encouraging fat national parks. Add in benefits from adjacent rivers, lakes, coasts and mountains. It would lead to interesting questions about exploiting that new uranium tile that just popped. Maps can be beautiful in this game but lose visual appeal once it's all "improved" or chopped down.

(I first hoped to make a modmod myself with associated religious beliefs but might take a good while for me to understand how it works)

2. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

3. Thibix Magnus

Thibix Magnus Chieftain

oh. ok. bad place for the thread then, dunno if it can be removed.

does the AI fairly uses these national parks?

4. pineappledan

pineappledan Deity

The AI can use them as well as any other improvement, but the AI never holds large numbers of forest/jungle/marshes uncleared for late game. So yes and no.