Union of Italy

SaepesGenistae

SaepesGenistae
This scenario begins at 1800 AD and involves the various warring states of Italy in the 19th century. The larger, non-Italian powers will affect gameplay, especially in the northern states. They should force smaller states to form alliances – this represents the unification of Italy. Here are the playable civs (6 Italian states):

Papal States (Rome etc; neutral; difficulty - easy)
Two Sicilies (Naples & Sicily; neutral; difficulty - very easy)
Sardinia (Piedmont & Sardinia; allied to France; difficulty - moderate)
Veneto (Venice etc; allied to Austria; difficulty - quite hard)
Tuscany (Florence etc; neutral; difficulty - hard)
Lombardy (Milan etc; allied to Austria; difficulty - hard)

There are also the following CPU civs:

France (Napoleon - very powerful military; 2 victory-point locs)
Helvetic Republic (puppet state of France; average military, but gets strong Swiss Army units with Replaceable Parts)
Austrian Empire (expansive territory with 2 victory-point locs; large military)
Parma (weak one-city state, allied with Lucca and Modena)
Lucca (as Parma, allied with Modena and Parma)
Modena (as Lucca, allied with Parma and Lucca)

C3C only. There are no graphics to download; just the BIQ file. Diplomatic (UN = Garibaldi's Initiative, available with The Corporation), Conquest and Domination victories available. The scenario is only designed to last the Industrial Age.

Edit: Fixed Sardinia units and changed city sizes, etc. Jul 19 2005.

Edit 2: Added Luthor_Saxburg's suggestions, Jul 20 2005.

Edit 3: Fixed Colonist bug and allowed all units free with govts, Jul 20 2005.

Edit 4: Fixed above bug again!! Jul 20 2005.

Attachments

• Union of Italy.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 597
Here's a screenshot. :)

Attachments

• s.JPG
    s.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 1,066
If anyone has any comments, please feel free to post...

Im sure there will be. Ill certainly be taking a look probably post something about it tommorow morning sometime (GMT).

i thought it was fun...played as the papal states and got trounced....guess i should make friends before going to war....but hey, who wouldn't want to be the pope???!!! :goodjob:

I was very confused...I played as Sardinia and found myself starting with only four military units, and only a small handful of my cities could be support food-wise. The island of sardinia has almost no production to speak of, and my mainland holdings aren't much better...Sardinia is the one who supposed to unit Italy...how can I do that when I can't even make anything and have nothing to start with??

I'd recommend giving Sardinia more units to begin with, and place some cattle or something in their borders.

Also all the cities either have a size of 1, 7, or 13. That should be changed just for variety sake.

Once again...fix up that food problem please! lol.

Helvetic Republic had a fleet? it seems very unbalanced. perhaps you should test it before posting it. well, i don't think there should be just high end 200MB scenarios, lesser can be better, and can provide much more fun and gameplay, but a little more balance please ;)

Ok, I get the picture! :p

I'll make some changes.

1. I'll delete the fleets of the land-locked states.
2. I'll change the city populations so that they're more varied/manageable.
3. I'll add in improvements (mines, irrigation etc.). The point of not having these was to ensure that the workers wouldn't become obsolete and civs would still have work to do, but it's starting to affect gameplay and I'll change it. :crazyeye:
4. I'll give Sardinia more units.

This may take a while! ;)

A few comments\suggestions:

- The map should go a little bit to the South, so that Sicily has water on the South. This could give an alternative water route from France to Austria without going through the 2 Sicilies Kingdom.
Also would avoids the annoyance of having cities too much in the South, which are hard to "see" if you want full information.

- I propose to remove the Regicide mode. The AI just places them in the capital always so it's too predictable.
Besides, when the King is dead, all cities are destroyed. As the scenario has no settlers, this means blank territory in the middle.

- I propose to include VERY expensive settler (costing as much as an army).

- Why does the Austrian Cav treats all terrain as roads? I think Austria is powerfull enough without this. I propose removing this feature. Either increase pmv's for 4 or give more Cav to Austria but remove the "treat all as roads" feature.

Thanks for your feedback, Luthor_Saxburg!

1. I'll move Agrigento and Catania up a tile to allow for a passage, although it's more interesting if the French have to go through Two Sicilies to get a sea route to Austria...
2. I'll remove regicide.
3. I'll include a settler ("Colonist"), but it'll cost 3 population & a lot of shields.
4. I'll get rid of Austrian Cavalry movement advantage.

Ok, second set of changes complete!

Edit: I've just noticed a bug... the new Colonist unit isn't working... gotta fix that! :rolleyes: Also I'll make all units free because they're fairly decimating the economies!

Grrr! :mad: This computer is really starting to annoy me now! That's the second time it has deleted my changes! <Sigh> Guess I'll have to upload the file again... :cry:

Top Bottom