Unionfield PitBoss Thread -- Game #1

Unionfield

Warlord
It was suggested to me that some of the communication problems I was having in getting people to commit to the game was that a lot of people just don't have AIM and don't want to involve their personal e-mail addresses. I guess I can understand some of that. Anyways, I thought I would try this instead.

I want to start the game sometime next week. I have five players, I want one more and then add in one or two AI players.

I'm also going to introduce a new system that I think will get people more interested in PitBoss, PBEM and other multi-player modes of Civilization IV and Warlords. Starting with this game I am going to run, I will be rating the performance of every human player who requests it. It will be based on a formula and I will not be eligible to receive a rating. I will also keep tracked and publish ratings. This should inspire people to get better at multi-player games and participate more in the Civilization community. This idea will develop more as we go along.

Rules

24 hour turn length
All human players must be on Noble difficulty or higher (difficulty will impact ratings)
Game will start in the Ancient age
Pre-game civilization and leader selection is required
Continents
Temperate climate
No barbarians

Registered Players --
Unionfield (Carthage)
Deleatur (Korea)
Drexasaurus (TBA)
KMac33 (George Washington of the Americans)
GFletch (TBA)
MillCC (Queen Victoria of England)

At this time, all spots are filled. If you still want to have a chance to play in this game, post in the thread and we'll put you as a fill-in if someone drops.

If there is still space sign me up as good ol' George Washington and the Americans.

Thanks

If there is still space sign me up as good ol' George Washington and the Americans.

Thanks
I'm asking all participants to pledge: Can you confirm that you will be a consistent and reliable player?

I'm asking all participants to pledge: Can you confirm that you will be a consistent and reliable player?

I know that a PB game can last years and am ready to commit to a move a day type game. This is only my third post but I have played civ for years. Until recently I just played the AI. My first PB game was deleatur's pit game. He pointed your game out to me. So please consider me.

Thanks

I'd love to give it a shot. I'm a veteran in Multiplayer games, and would be willing to devote time for a turn a day with no problem.

Player slots are filled...

Anyone who is playing must indicate their civilization/leader selection before TUESDAY, MAY 15, 2007 at 6:00 PM EST.

12 hour turn length is a game killer for me I am afraid. I could do it on a 20 hour clock but a 12 hour clock would end up skipping me too often. It would be my guess that you will lose a few more players with that setting also.

My other suggestion is no tech trading. In my Pitboss I allowed it but upon further thought it makes a two or three player alliance too strong. I didn't see a game speed but I would vote for epic.

All the other setting are great.

Oooh ... 12 hour clock? I didn't notice that.

Might I suggest a little higher? I work 10 hours a day and cannot promise to be able to do a turn a day because of that schedule.

I can't do a 12 hour clock. I need the full 20 hour clock due to work and family.

I'll be reliable. Although 12 hours is a bit much, not undoable, I just have to find a way to get internet on my laptop at work... :rolleyes:

Your concerns have been heard. I will switch the turn period to 24 hours.

Anyone else want no tech trading?

I have no strong opinion either way. I can see the reasons to not do it, but I also think it can be fun to have diplomacy options like those open... (and I don't think I know anyone to play favorites with :p)

Top Bottom