Unique American Power

Pottery

Chieftain
I am amused by the controversy surrounding Einstein’s nationality, so I propose to beef up the U.S.’s Unique Power in a way that may solve the “problem”:

The Power of the Brain Drain: every Great Scientist has a 10% chance to ‘emigrate’ to the U.S. (e.g., the GS is instantly teleported to a random American location). The check is repeated every turn after the Great Scientist spawns (including the first). So if you don’t “use” him soon he will eventually leave.

This may either replace or else be added to the existing unique American power.

Brain Drain: You can feed unlimited zumbi Warriors xD.
Well, to replace the current one for this one, no. This isn't too powerful.
And I belive is overpower to have two UP xD

btw, i like the current Power :). For my SE it is wonderful...

Can't say I like this at all.

Well thank goodness he isn't serious.

That's a great idea for at least the world war years, but it's been claimed we've been feeling it the other way afterwards.

I prefer the general immigration power, but perhaps a great scientist immigration bonus against civs that have facist governments?

I am amused by the controversy surrounding Einstein’s nationality, so I propose to beef up the U.S.’s Unique Power in a way that may solve the “problem”:

The Power of the Brain Drain: every Great Scientist has a 10% chance to ‘emigrate’ to the U.S. (e.g., the GS is instantly teleported to a random American location). The check is repeated every turn after the Great Scientist spawns (including the first). So if you don’t “use” him soon he will eventually leave.

This may either replace or else be added to the existing unique American power.

I prefer the general immigration power, but perhaps a great scientist immigration bonus against civs that have facist governments?

I actually like that, and would add the following: During the 30s and the 40s, Germany, Rome, Spain & Japan should have Police State as their favourite civic. This might come with a temporarily strong diplo modifier: "+ or -10 You have wisely/unwisely chosen your civics". Perhaps this could help to simulate the Axis & Allies of WW2.

Many thinkers/scientists throughout modern history have fled to England or the Netherlands as well, not just America

[edit] Oscar Wilde and Roman Polanski fled to France! ;)

Top Bottom