Unique Buildings Elimination Thread

Floating Gardens 4
Paper Maker 32
Pyramid 44
Stele 37

Pyramid: Early science boost is huge and nice boost to getting a religion.

Paper Maker: Great UB that will help generate a lot of extra money but I feel it is the worst UB left.

Floating Gardens 2 (-2)
Paper Maker 32
Pyramid 45 (+1)
Stele 37

FG: Guess who's next!

Pyr.: Pyramid is a great science building, really useful actually. Playing a game as Maya currently, and crushing in Science.

Floating Gardens 0
Paper Maker 32
Pyramid 46
Stele 37

Pyramid (+1): I just finished a maya ICS game. it was my first time to try it and this UB right here gave me a religious lead so far ahead and with first dibs on beliefs that all civs doesnt even have a decent pressure on their own Holy cities and giving my happiness to fuel my ICS.

Floating Gardens (-2): Although it is a good UB specially if you want to go tall, you really cant say that this UB is better than the remaining three. Anyone of these can replace FG and still make Monty a better civ.

Paper Maker 30
Pyramid 48
Stele 37

Money takes a back seat to early faith.

Paper Maker 30
Pyramid 49
Stele 35

Pyramid: pretty obviously about the greatest UB ever. SO early, so powerful science boost, and double the faith power, it would still be the best at 0 faith, but as it is, it is just ridiculous.

Since there are three, I like PM more than Stele. Gold is gold.

Three left. The OP has been updated.

To speed up the process of the last three building, the rules have changed. An up vote is now worth +1 and a down vote is now worth -3.

Paper Maker 28 (-2) i never really need money at these early stages all i need is a pantheon/science/:)
Pyramid 49
Stele 36 (+1) solid choice for num2 spot early pantheon is awesome plus this goes well with going wide

Three left. The OP has been updated.

To speed up the process of the last three building, the rules have changed. An up vote is now worth +1 and a down vote is now worth -3.

Paper Maker 28 (-2) i never really need money at these early stages all i need is a pantheon/science/:)
Pyramid 49
Stele 36 (+1) solid choice for num2 spot early pantheon is awesome plus this goes well with going wide
Paper Maker 27
Pyramid 49
Stele 36

sorry didnt read your post above

That's okay. I made it bold in the replay, not so much to point out your mistake as to reiterate for anyone else. I don't want to do too many correction posts and with all three buildings with such a high score, it seems appropriate to speed up the voting a bit. This important thing is that everyone is voting the same...not some at -2 and some at -3.

Paper Maker 28
Pyramid 49
Stele 34

In the long run, paper maker's bonus is obvious, don't forget that it's also maintenance free.

2 faith from stele is pretty weak later on.

Paper Maker 26 (-2)
Pyramid 49
Stele 35 (+1)

Stele - 2 faith and culture that early just cant be beat. Great synergy with tradition since legalism gives them for free and tradition plays to Ethiopia's tall strategy.

Papermaker is still amazing, but the other 2 left give you religions.

does anyone else think its funny that were all voting for second place as we have all given up trying to win first place?

Paper Maker 25
Pyramid 49
Stele 34

An up vote is now worth +1 and a down vote is now worth -3.

Paper Maker 26
Pyramid 49
Stele 31

This is really tough and I might change my vote tomorrow, but today I gotta go with the Paper Maker. It lets you open any kind of early game (tradition, liberty or honor), field a large military and not worry about GPT. The Stele is great, but its benefit (religion) requires a lot more investment in a specific strategy, which admittedly can have huge dividends.

Paper Maker 27 (+1)
Pyramid 49
Stele 28 (-3)

Gold is important throughout the game.

Faith really dies off later, especially if you don't have a wide empire that is going to require lots of faith purchases like Pagodas...but Ethiopia isn't made to go wide, making it even worse.

Paper Maker 24 (-3)
Pyramid 49
Stele 28 (+1)

You can get more money from tithe than you can from Paper Maker. I'll take the early religion and a source of faith for missionaries over the extra gold. Don't get me wrong. Paper Maker is a great building; it's a solid number 3 ;).

Paper Maker 24
Pyramid 50 (+1)
Stele 26 (-3)

(dogmouth, you didn't add the +1 to the Stele total)

love the 'Mid, PM is good, Stele is ok
(why not declare the winner now, with a tie for 2nd..)

Top Bottom