Unique Buildings For every Religion

Gilgamesch

Ancient Alien
Like the title says, we need some suggestions for religion specific buildings.
Each Religion will get there own unique building.
For some religions f.e. like buddhism this is clear, a happiness and culture bonus.
But there are 13 religions in the game, before i start to adjust them i would like to get some feedback for them.
So let the discussion beginn.

Ok the basis of the buildibgs is done, but i will disable them for the comming update.
Was to busy with tracking and fixing several bugs or nor right working things.

Anyway each city with a religion will get a building (at the moment 2 buildings but one without any use).
This building will grant +1 Faith to the city, this will/can be changed in further updates.

Hmmm... Honestly I don't think I like this Idea very much, some people chose religions just based on things like the name or symbol, what if wonders were tied to beliefs instead of religions themselves? Like "Tourism between Civ's with the same religion is doubled. Can build Hagia Sophia".

What I am afraid is that faith is already a turf war by people trying to get wonders, if not balanced EXTREMELLY well, this would generate "better" and "Worse" religions, just like policies. Religion is somewhat fun because you can chose what bonuses it gives to you

Hmmm... Honestly I don't think I like this Idea very much, some people chose religions just based on things like the name or symbol, what if wonders were tied to beliefs instead of religions themselves? Like "Tourism between Civ's with the same religion is doubled. Can build Hagia Sophia".

What I am afraid is that faith is already a turf war by people trying to get wonders, if not balanced EXTREMELLY well, this would generate "better" and "Worse" religions, just like policies. Religion is somewhat fun because you can chose what bonuses it gives to you

In the Vanilla game every Religion is more or less the same as others.
There is no defference between them, only to pick a Religion because you like the symbol or name isnt what i would like to prefer.
Religions have there pros and contras.
So you need to think about what you want and then to pick the needed Religion for that.
A Religion isnt just a Name and a Symbol.
Its full of history and stories.
A bloodthirsty warmoger isnt f.e a buddhism Civ...
So thats said, CCTP has become that large and for that we need to balance things.
One of the real important parts are the Wonders/Buildings, and for this we need to figure out how we can improve the game at all.

Its like the policy system, where you cant choice a facism and pacifism way at all.....

Yes, I undestand what you mean. However in CIV, the choices you make define a religion, so i toought it would be more logical to have these wonders attached to beliefs instead of religions themselves

This is a minor thing, but still it bugs me a bit.
Could it be fixed so, that AI chooses 'the relevant religion'? For example Catherine would choose Eastern Orthodoxy, not Hinduism and Isabella Catholism and not Islam etc.

This is a minor thing, but still it bugs me a bit.
Could it be fixed so, that AI chooses 'the relevant religion'? For example Catherine would choose Eastern Orthodoxy, not Hinduism and Isabella Catholism and not Islam etc.

A minor issue that would need a lot of time, to write a new lua code for this.

All related parts for the ai choice for Religions is hardcoded.

In my experience, the only time the AI chooses a non relevant religion (Catherine choosing Hinduism) is when another civ (player or AI) chooses their preferred religion. This has been the case for me in all vanilla games and the few CCTP games I've played.

Gilgamesch - I can try to come up with a list of buildings in the next day or so. Here's a few examples:
Catholicism - a weaker form of tithe since the Catholic church has had a history of wealth accumulation: +1 gold/10 followers or +1 gold/5 foreign followers
Islam - perhaps a combat oriented bonus as Muhammad is considered by some to have been a warlord (of course Catholicism had the Crusades too, so one could argue a combat bonus for them as well): +10% combat bonus against enemies following a different religion
Tenegriism - apparently this faith didn't do much proselytizing, but held the Earth's resources to be sacred, especially water: -25% conversion strength for missionaries and +1 food on river tiles (don't need the minus conversion strength, but plus food on river tiles could be a bit op in the early game - or you may want a pro and con for each religion)

I think integrating some of the aspects of historical religion mod would be a good idea. Having each civ choose the appropriate religion would be nice. I would perfer that you link beliefs and buildings. I like to have the choice.

Top Bottom