Unique Buildings, unique buildings!

benjamin28

Warlord
I've found the idea of Unique Buildings is fascinant and seems really affects the development of a civilization. You may think that speculate about the things Firaxis will say soon is a waste of time, but I love those speculations.
Here are mines:

Inca: Tambo (instead of Granary)
Farming Terraces (instead of Granary, may add +1 or +2 food on hills squares, or something like that)
Intihuatana (replacing Obelisk. It's a sacred stone used to "tie the Sun" in a special ritual and also used as astronomical observatory. May add +5% research)
Pucará (replacing Castle or Walls)

Wikipedia says the Arabs will get the Bazaar. In my opinion, Bazaar (replacing Markey) should go to the Persians (since B. is a persian word) and the arabs could have a Madrasah instead of Universities, giving some bonus for religious activities.

Kabuki (replacing theatre) for our friend Tokugawa (Our friend??? Certainly, not mine)

And I have no more ideas. You? (I'm specially curious about Egypt, Mali and, above all, CHINA)

benjamin28 said:
Wikipedia says the Arabs will get the Bazaar. In my opinion, Bazaar (replacing Markey) should go to the Persians (since B. is a persian word) and the arabs could have a Madrasah instead of Universities, giving some bonus for religious activities.

Kyros represents the ancient Persia so something ancient would be better. He had effective control over a very huge empire.
Satrap palace (replaces courthouse) reduces maintainces and +1 happiness

I would say that Mali either gets some kind of gold market or religious academy...

Hm... perhaps China gets the Yamen (reduction of maintenance, ???) instead of the courthouse. At least, the Yamen is something typically Chinese...
Or what about the imperial examination hall (research and maintenance)?
Or something that is related to the gentry?

I still can't get over the fact that America has the mall. Come on, we should get the Arcade at least!:lol:

Meh, guess its better than the salon for France.

princecharles said:
I still can't get over the fact that America has the mall. Come on, we should get the Arcade at least!:lol:

The Arcade should be for the japanese. ;)

Personally I think the Arabs should have gotten the Kasbah. Its far too cool a word not to have in the game :cool:

Whats wrong with that?

MISER SVM: What is a Yamen? I think and rethink and I can only imagine a Pagoda as UB. China is so big...

Truronian: You are right, I didn't knew that building. It would fite very well in the game replacing the Castle.

And yes, what's wrong with the Salon? It's very french. The only problem is that it replaces Universities (apparently), and they should exist together in cities. But it's a minor detail, since the English have both banks and stock exchange in actual life.

Benjamin28, pagodas are already in the game.

what about england
york minster lol

kristopherb said:
what about england
york minster lol

The Brits get a "Tea Room."

hehe.

And possibly a Dental Clinic World Wonder instead of the Red Cross.

baazar replaces a markey? Is markey the kid that likes Life Cereal?
In which case then maybe they should have like maybe an abdul that replaces a markey.

germany can get the concentration camp.

it replaces the jail and decreases war wariness by 50% and increases overall production by 25%. and is also really cheap to build

but in reply it makes any benefits from judiusm obselete--the temples, the happiness, etc, gone

Top Bottom