Unique City-States

Would you play this mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
actually event system is always enable, but as i understand, i have to siable the other option: good,neutre,bad,trade? But is there a way to use "unique city state" with the events?

Can I get a clarification regarding Sidon?

Do you get a sphere of influence when allied with Sidon and bullying any city-state?
Bully anybody and Sidon will form a Sphere of Influence with you.
actually event system is always enable, but as i understand, i have to siable the other option: good,neutre,bad,trade? But is there a way to use "unique city state" with the events?
You just need the Event System. It's weird that you grabbed the bug. How exactly are you reproducing it. Allying it multiple times?

Yield Deflation Update. City-States are less valuable, but they become less snowbally once you hold them permanently. Some reworks and there. OP Updated with all City-States info. Also new city-states released.
Some Performance Improvements in how a City-State checks your alliance.
  • Bogota's Culture per City Conquest reduced from 30 to 20.
  • Bogota's Culture from Liberation reduced from 15-45 to 10-40.
  • Bogota's City Max Scaling reduced from 10 to 6.
  • Bucharest no longer adds +1 Tourism to Great Works.
  • Bratislava's Guild Culture Bonus reduced from +3 to +2.
  • Florence no longer provides Golden Age Points to Writers and Musicians, instead providing Artists +2 Golden Age Points.
  • Kabul's Mountain Bonus reduced from +0.75 to +0.66
  • Kiev no longer grants +1 Tourism to Musicians.
  • Kiev's Bylina cheaper to construct and maintain. (500 -> 350, -4 -> -2)
  • Kuala Lumpur's Muddy River Reworked: granting +5% Culture to Wells and +2 Culture to Water Mills.
  • Kyzyl's Palace Tourism Bonus reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Kyzyl no longer grants Tourism bonus to Broadcast Towers.
  • Milan no longer grants +1 Culture to Artists.
  • Milan's Visconti Emissary expensive to construct, cheaper to maintain (300 -> 350, -3 -> -2)
  • Monaco's Bank Culture Bonus reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Prague's Castle Culture Bonus reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Yerevan's Culture from Kills increased from 40% to 50%.
  • Yerevan no longer grants Golden Age Points from Kills.
  • Yerevan now grants its promotion to Fighters and Bombers.

• Auckland no longer generates +1 Food to Cities(+3 Food to Coastal Cities however persist).
  • Byblos Bonus on Lake, Oases, Fishing Boats reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Cape Town's Gold Bonus upon finishing Trade Route reduced from 30-60 to 20-40. (-33%).
  • Chevak's Food per Tundra reduced from +0.33 to +0.25.
  • Chevak's Food per Snow reduced from +0.5 to +0.33.
  • Manila's Food/Production Bonus upon finishing Trade Routes reduced from 10-15 to 1-15.
  • Panama City now outputs +1 Food to Citadels instead of +2 Food.
  • Quebec City no longer benefits +1 Gold to Brazilwood Camps.
  • Ragusa now provides +1 Food to Embassies.
  • Ragusa no longer grants +1 Food for being Friends with City-States.
  • Riga's Food Bonus reduced from +5% to +3%.
  • Syndey City's WLTKD Food Bonus reduced from +10% to +5%.
  • Ur no longer generates +25% Internal Trade Yield.
  • Wellington's Strategic Food Bonus reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Antwerp's Merchant Gold Bonus reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Colombo's Forest and Jungle Bonus increased from +1 to +2.
  • Colombo applies a -2 Gold Penalty to Lumbermills and Logging Camps.
  • Genoa's Gold Bonus from GP reduced from 100 to 50.
  • Genoa's Golden Age Bonus from GP reduced from 25 to 15.
  • Honduras no longer grants +1 Gold to Harbors.
  • Hong Kong's Gold Citizen Bonus reduced from +0.20 to +0.16.
  • Malacca's Strait Settlement Reworked: now generating +1 gold per luxury resources.
  • Melbourne's Great People Improvement Gold Bonus reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Muscat Reworked: granting +1 Gold to Lighthouses, Harbors, and Seaports.
  • Singapore's Developed Wealth Reworked now providing +2 Happiness.
  • Tyre's Great Work and Landmark Gold Bonus reduced from +3 to +2.
  • Zanzibar no longer generates +1 Gold to Luxuries.

• Almaty no longer provides bonus gold from City Connections.
  • Almaty's Science from City Connections reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Budapest reworked: now granting 5 Horses regardless of city count.
  • Hanoi's Combat Bonus in Friendly Territory reduced from +15% to +10%.
  • M'Banza Kongo's Combat Bonus in Forest and Jungle reduced from +20% to +15%.
  • M'Banza Kongo now provides +15% Combat Strength for fighting in Marsh and Flood Plains.

• Geneva's Faith Citizen Bonus reduced from +0.25 to +0.20.
  • Ife's Faith per Border Acquisition reduced from 4 to 3.
  • Ife's Border Growth Point to Shrine reduced from 3 to 2.
  • Jerusalem Reworked: Jerusalem will adopt the initial majority religion of your Capital and will accept a Sphere of Influence with you if the World Congress has been founded. Jerusalem still outputs religion pressure equal to a Holy City.
  • La Venta's Great People Improvement Faith Bonus reduced from +2 to +1.
  • La Venta no longer generates Faith for Unique Improvements.
  • La Venta now adds +1 Faith to Shrines.
  • Vatican City's Faith Cost Reduction reduced from -20% to -10%.
  • Wittenberg's Religion Unrest reduction reduced from -15% to -5%.
  • Wittenberg no longer generates +1 Faith to Artists, Writers, and Musicians.
  • Wittenberg now generates +1 Faith to Laborers.

• Introduce New City-States:
  • Ambracia's Mercenaries of Pyrrhus: +50% Military CS Unit Gift Rate, +5% Production in Cities with a Garrison.
  • Djibouti's Ta Netjeru: -5% Poverty in all Cities.
  • Dodoma's Sail in the Wilderness: +5% Combat Strength and +1 Movement to Naval Ships.
  • Faya's Spoils of War: Military Kills grants Science.
  • Kigali's Double Shift Curriculum: -5% Illiteracy in all Cities.
  • Quelimane's River of Good Signs: +1 Golden Age Points on River Tiles.
  • Sierra Leone has the Bonus of Freetown: Reducing Boredom of all Cities by -5%.
  • Surrey's Magnificence in Flying Machines: +10% Combat Strength to Fighters and Bombers.

Last edited:
steam update didnt go thru will fix

Question, on new installs of VP, all my mods load again and I'll get new versions of certain mods. This is one of them. Is it actually updated or is that some weird design flaw of Civ 5 assuming the same mod is just a new version of itself? It says stuff like Unique City-States V2 and V3, etc..

Question, on new installs of VP, all my mods load again and I'll get new versions of certain mods. This is one of them. Is it actually updated or is that some weird design flaw of Civ 5 assuming the same mod is just a new version of itself? It says stuff like Unique City-States V2 and V3, etc..
well if it's V2, V3... then you can delete those and activate Version 4 mod.

VP2-17 + ucs4 + IE39
Setup: HugeMap 3civs 41CS - All civs meet with IE

Here is a savegame that shows unintended things.
Dodoma gives "Sail in the Wild" as a promo from Odenso !
Same for Faya and Surrey.
Same for Ambracia with Laconia.

Civilopedia for a quick look

Also, promo icons should be updated ...
Let me know in PM if promo chances could happen soon

Attachments

• Kamehameha_UCS4.7z
    806.6 KB · Views: 175

Attachments

• ScreenShots.7z
    201.4 KB · Views: 180
Quick question: is there any way I can choose which city-states will appear in the game? I've looked at the codes, but I'm not sure. Any answer would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think under the new version of CBP, it lets me build any special improvement without being or even meeting the CS. Happened to anybody else?

Quick question: is there any way I can choose which city-states will appear in the game? I've looked at the codes, but I'm not sure. Any answer would be appreciated. Thanks.
@Gazebo can remark on this. I have no idea how as well.

I think under the new version of CBP, it lets me build any special improvement without being or even meeting the CS. Happened to anybody else?
Yep, saw that too.
So it seems like the special bonuses just dont work?
I cannot replicate this. Please tell me the specific city-state in issue. Screenshots or logging(even mod lists) are even moreso better. Vague issues get vague answers. Please remember that save-game compatible VP Versions are NEVER save-game compatible if you have modmods activated with the save. (Click Attachment to Enhance)

checking cs bonus 1.png no cs bonus cuz no alliance 2.png apply cs alliance cs bonus appear 3.png unique marsh and mound not being buildable 4.png

I will give it another go soon enough, but in my current game none of the CS bonuses seem to activate as I gave it a look-around. Some conflict somewhere, probably. I will try and see if it actually persists in a new game with upd' mods.

I will give it another go soon enough, but in my current game none of the CS bonuses seem to activate as I gave it a look-around. Some conflict somewhere, probably. I will try and see if it actually persists in a new game with upd' mods.
Enginseer said:
Please tell me the specific city-state in issue. Screenshots or logging(even mod lists) are even moreso better. Vague issues get vague answers.

Yep, I saw that. But if it doesn't persist after re-doing my mods, it was a mess on my end to begin with. I'll get back to this if I actually have something of note.

Editum addendum: my automated worker seems to be building a marsh... and I'm reasonably sure I haven't even met the city-state that gives the ability.
20190224211604_1.jpg

Mods I'm using in addition to this and VP are Wonders Expanded, Enlightenment Era and 34UC.

Last edited:
During my game this weekend the Brussels - Marsh improvement and Cahokia - Monks Mound improvement were available from the start. I have to go to work now so I can send logs later but since you were wondering which specific city-states are causing issues. I will check my logs will post some more information here tonight.

Top Bottom