Unique City-States

Would you play this mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, they closed first topic like always without further investigation, but we were stubborn and found the issue. High five @Padre19!

Guys, can you verify if you can set Sphere of Influence over Jerusalem and/or Sidon and/or Lhasa? I just wanted to test 2.0.2 hotfix and nothig happens regarding SoF. Religion is correctly applied and the GameEvent is fixed, but I opened World Congress, even researched Steam Power to enable Sphere of Influence and after making an ally of Jerusalem nothing shows nor in notifications, nor in World Congress window, nor in CS window.

Lhasa SoF is working. I have just verified.

UCS 6.3 version
---------------------------------------------------------
-fix Sphere of Influence
-fix marsh bug (Brussels)
- add bonus for Mongolian Ordo like Citadel (La Venta, Melbourne, Vancouver)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• Unique City-States (v 6).zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 53
I plan to add Sphere of Influence notification in CS's UI. Do you have any idea what function can be used to check that?
Do you have any suggestions what else could be added?
Do you play with CSL?

Is the mod stable with VP 2 now? I've never used it, and was curious if I could install and try it, or are bugs still being worked out?

if Players[MinorCivID]:GetAlly() == iPlayer and Game.IsResolutionPassed(GameInfoTypes.RESOLUTION_SPHERE_OF_INFLUENCE, MinorCivID) then
Thanks! It will help me a lot! New functionality is always a good thing :)
Maybe other city states
Nah, I mean, CSL is purely UI mod and I want it to stay like that. UCS 2.0 is too much for me I suppose :) If you have some UI suggestions let me know.
Oh, I wonder why :) This mod is strictly made for UCS. If you test it out I would gladly hear abut your opinion. I just plan to make some compatibility with latest civs added, so maybe I would add some functions as well.

Is the mod stable with VP 2 now? I've never used it, and was curious if I could install and try it, or are bugs still being worked out?
It should be stable. I tested out with few CS and bonuses worked well. Of course if you find some bug, let us know and @Padre19 or me will try to fix it asap.

Oh, I wonder why :) This mod is strictly made for UCS. If you test it out I would gladly hear abut your opinion. I just plan to make some compatibility with latest civs added, so maybe I would add some functions as well.
Because personal mod (slaves and city states related to them) that would not be compatible.

Can you post the link to the mod or it was not released officialy? Maybe I could help?

Can you explain me how exactly abilities of Santo Domingo or Managua work? I'm doing some text revisions in UCS and cannot understand what they are supposed to do.

UPDATE Policies
SET MonopolyModFlat = 3
WHERE Type = 'POLICY_SANTO_DOMINGO';

UPDATE Policies
SET MonopolyModPercent = 7
WHERE Type = 'POLICY_MANAGUA';

same as Colonialism

UPDATE Policies
SET MonopolyModFlat = '3', MonopolyModPercent = '10', RevealAllCapitals = '0'
WHERE Type = 'POLICY_NAVAL_TRADITION';

SET Text = '[COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]Colonialism[ENDCOLOR][NEWLINE]+10% to sum of Yield and [ICON_GOLDEN_AGE] Golden Age duration modifiers from Global Monopolies; +3 to sum of Yields and [ICON_HAPPINESS_1] Happiness from Global Monopolies. Barracks, Armories, Military Academies, Forts, and Citadels provide +2 [ICON_RESEARCH] Science and +1 [ICON_CULTURE] Culture.'
WHERE Tag = 'TXT_KEY_POLICY_NAVAL_TRADITION_HELP';

I don't know exactly what that means

from CoreTableEntries.sql
-- Alters monopoly values below (except for strategic elements, like attack/defense/heal/etc.)
ALTER TABLE Policies ADD COLUMN 'MonopolyModFlat' INTEGER DEFAULT 0;
ALTER TABLE Policies ADD COLUMN 'MonopolyModPercent' INTEGER DEFAULT 0;

@pineappledan or anyone playing both mods: How Japanese guilds from MUCfVP work with Bratislava's ability from UCS? Maybe a compatibility update?

Last edited:
UCS v6.4:
Code:
Changelog:
- fixed and tweaked GetCityStateStatusToolTip() function in CityStateStatusHelper.lua (better spacing, fixed war info, icons, order, colours);
- changed few default texts to look better;
- revised all ability texts (missing icons, clarity, logic errors, grammar issues, wording and more);
- changed ability title color to magenta for better visibility.

Attachments

• (overhaul) Unique City-States (v 6.4).zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 122
With cooperation of @jarcast2 and few others we can present to you UCS v7:
Code:
Changelog:
New:
    - added City-States with unique abilities:  ==> Taipei (maritime)
                                                ==> Óc Eo (mercantile);
    - added compatibility with any mod that adds Bonus or Luxury resources (f.i. Even More Resources; that mod must be loaded before UCS to work);
    - added manual Yangcheng compatibility with EMR (Animal Resources);
    - added an icon for Marsh improvement by @gwennog;
Lua:
    - added pseudoAllies (you can get Unique CS bonus even if you are not an Ally; being over 300% of the Ally threshold is enough for it; this means multiple players can get the bonus at the same time) (lua);
    - added Embassies mechanic (you get bonuses from CS after establishing an Embassy in CS territory; bonus is permanent);
    - you can disable any of the 3 possible ways of getting bonuses with values in lua file: bIsAllyAnOption, bIsEmbassyAnOption or bIsPseudoAllyAnOption (changing true to false);
    - functions on AllyChange now are checked on Turn (lua);
    - Jerusalem now checked on turn (instead of on AllyChange); this allows transferring religion or setting Sphere of Influence even after being allied with CS; Sphere and Religion are now independent from each other (lua);
    - added Sphere of Influence notification for Lhasa and many other Notifications; reworked many of them or rewrote the texts (lua);
    - added notification when bonus from CS is applied (separate for each condition) (lua);
    - modified coordinates of numerous notifications (now they focus on City-State instead of Major Player City) (lua);
    - fixed Marsh creation (lua)
Balance:
    - updated UnitCombats for all UCS promotions (mainly Submarines, Carriers, but sometimes others);
    - reworked slightly all Clermont promotions;
    - slightly buffed: Kyiv, Milan, Vilnius, Kyzyl, Jerusalem (added specific bonus for all players, because other bonuses are only for an Ally);
    - increased thresholds for being Friend with CS (from 35 to 50) and to be an Ally (from 70 to 100);
Other fixes:
    - historical correction changes:    "Gwynedd" City-State renamed to "Aberffraw";
                                        "Auckland" City-State renamed to "Parihaka";
                                        "Tamaki Makaurau" ability renamed to "City of Sails";
                                        "Honduras" City-State renamed to "Tegucigalpa";
                                        "Muisca" City-State renamed to "Suamox";
                                        "Laconia" City-State renamed to "Sparta";
    - updated anything regarding promotions in files (multiple errors; pedia types, pedia fixes, new text label etc.);
    - merged all text files into one big cleaned up file easier to manage;
    - cleaned up and reworked lua file; deleted unnecessary code;
    - further text changes and fixes (f.i. many additional help notes added; corrected some crucial logic errors);
Few things to mention:
  • almost all texts in the game where revised; please report any inconsistence that could sho up after mod rework and adding new mechanics;
  • please test out those city-states' abilities which require lua, because whole lua file was revised and optimized and new mechanics were added;
  • please report any other glitches and errors.
Have fun!

Attachments

• (overhaul) Unique City-States (v 7).7z
    2 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Top Bottom