Unique City-States

Would you play this mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you became an ally then you got Sphere of Influence correctly, because that's how abilitu should work. Did they adopt your religion?

No, it doesn't happen with other CS.
Yes, they did adapt my religion but my influence is 5 and AI has more than 100. Also religious pressure is 0.

Is that happening with other CSs?
I didn't change the Alliance behaviour. It's still the same like in VP. Only threshold changed and is now higher.
It happened on Jerusalem in my recent game. It became my ally and was under my sphere of influence the next turn I met it.

This mod has a strange interaction with the "More Wonders for VP" mod (I use only Natural Wonders). My current game reliably crashes on turn 52 (epic length). I meet M'banza-Kongo, press "Next Turn", and when it's M'banza-Kongo's turn to act, the game crashes. Reason? M'banza-Kongo tries to build Salar de Uyuni A.
Spoiler Screenshot :

file.jpg

Strange. It is dummy building so it should not even start it? Report to github vp.

I created Github repository for that and ModBuddy project file to easier manage the stuff. Time to fix and finish it.
@Enginseer Can you add the link to the op?

Hello, Muscat description tells that Lightouse, Harbor, Seaport and Drydock (if EE enabled) produce 1 Gold each but in reality they give +1% modifier to Gold in their local city. That seems a very negligeable effect, am I correct assuming the description is the intended effect ?
No, it's an error from base version. Will be fixed.

Banking establishments (Zurich) gold cap needs to be nerfed to at least 25 GPT per era. 100 GPT during the classical era is way too much for a CS bonus.
To get 100 GPT in Classical you should have at least 5000 :c5gold: in your treasury (2% of 5000 :c5gold: gives 100) which is impossible?

No, it doesn't happen with other CS.
Yes, they did adapt my religion but my influence is 5 and AI has more than 100. Also religious pressure is 0.
It happened on Jerusalem in my recent game. It became my ally and was under my sphere of influence the next turn I met it.
I really try to reproduce that, but I cannot. Everything works as intended. I looked through the code and there's no clue what could happen. If I had some log or save, then maybe I could check something. Maybe I have corrected version? Soon (maybe tomorrow) I will release new version, so maybe this will resolve the issue.

This mod has a strange interaction with the "More Wonders for VP" mod (I use only Natural Wonders). My current game reliably crashes on turn 52 (epic length). I meet M'banza-Kongo, press "Next Turn", and when it's M'banza-Kongo's turn to act, the game crashes. Reason? M'banza-Kongo tries to build Salar de Uyuni A.
Spoiler Screenshot :
Anyone else have similar issues?

To get 100 GPT in Classical you should have at least 5000 :c5gold: in your treasury (2% of 5000 :c5gold: gives 100) which is impossible?
Ok I'll admit it was during a silly marathon domination rush game as the aztecs with 4UC so not the typical balanced game but still, this CS bonus is very easy to exploit by human players and gives way more than the other bonuses so its gold cap should be reduced to be more in line with the other bonuses. The 2% interest is fine though.

Ok I'll admit it was during a silly marathon domination rush game as the aztecs with 4UC so not the typical balanced game but still, this CS bonus is very easy to exploit by human players and gives way more than the other bonuses so its gold cap should be reduced to be more in line with the other bonuses. The 2% interest is fine though.
I will reduce it to 20 per Era next update.

Long awaited UCS v11 is finally done! Enjoy!

Changelog:
Code:
- important:
    - updated for VP 3.0!
- new:
    - added notifications when receiving new civilian units from CS;
    - added missing abilities for Mercantile CSs;
    - added few new abilities for Cultured CSs;
- balancing:
    - revised all abilities; tweaked values; substituted some pointless ones with more useful:
        - deleted Border Growth malus from religious CSs and added supply cap maluses;
        - deleted Natural Wonder boost from religious CSs and added defense and hp instead;
        - Mountains and Atolls now give food instead of faith for religious CSs;
        - added flat supply cap to militaristic CSs;
        - and more...
    - reduced cap for Zurich to 20 Gold/Era (was 50);
- fixes:  
    - CS now give Missionaries as follows:
        - if player has found no Religion and has no Majority Religion in capital, then a Missionary is not spawned;
        - if player has found no Religion and has a Majority Religion of other player in its capital, then a Missionary will spawn with that Majority Religion;
        - if player has found a Religion then a Missionary is spawned with his Religion regardless of the Majority Religion in the capital;
        - if player has found a Religion and lost his Holy City, a Missionary is spawned still with his Religion;
    - reduced placement condition for CS GPTI to 2nd ring around city (was 3rd);
    - now GPTI can be placed on resources, so greater chance to have it closer to the city (previously forbidden);
    - fixed Muscat yields on buildings - now flat like they should be from start (were modifiers);
    - now units can be given by CS when Allied or Friends (was only Friends);
    - moved Potala Palace text changes from MW to UCS (allows adding reference);
    - fixed Marsh placement (Jungle and Forest interaction deleted);
- miscellanous:
    - simplified (shortened) passives descriptions (f.e. omitted yield name if it was base yield);
    - reworked, fixed, tweaked and simplified some code (both lua and sql);
    - added reference for More Wonders mod (new resources);
    - deleted obsolete references and blocks;

Attachments

• (overhaul) Unique City States for VP (v11).7z
    2.8 MB · Views: 162
Is it possible to prevent that one City state bonus that sends workers and workboats to your capital to not create workboats if your capital is besides a lake? It kept sending me workboats even though I only had one workable lake tile besides the capital

Is it possible to prevent that one City state bonus that sends workers and workboats to your capital to not create workboats if your capital is besides a lake? It kept sending me workboats even though I only had one workable lake tile besides the capital
I will check that. I thought I prevented that...

Can you share feedback about how often you get those units from any cs? I set them equally 5%, but maybe it should be lower?

Is it inteded, that mercantile friendly cs donate caravans over the trade route limit? Currently at 5/2 trade routes which is a bit op imo :)
Damn, I thought 5% will be rare...

v11.1 with fixes:
Code:
- lowered CS gift frequency to 3% (was 5%);
- added lake exception for Workboat and Cargo Ship gifts;
- added trade route limit check for Mercantile CS gifts;

Attachments

• (overhaul) Unique City States for VP (v11.1).7z
    2.8 MB · Views: 74
I think that even 3% is not low, because if you have 4-5 friendly CS then it will be 12-15% every turn. Also some people play in epic or marathon.
Yeah, I thought 5% is low enough, but you may be right. Give me some feedback how UCS performs in this update, please.

Top Bottom