Unique City-States

Would you play this mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will check that. I thought I prevented that...

Can you share feedback about how often you get those units from any cs? I set them equally 5%, but maybe it should be lower?

Hmm, didn't really keep track of how much civilians I got. I just remembered the workboats because they were such an oddity to get. I also was competing with another civ for the city state suzerain so I don't think I was always egilible.

I believe the game lasted to round 250 or smth. I believe I earned like 4-5 workboats compared to 1-2 workers though. Hard to remember because I just put workers on auto work at the mid-game

Hmm, didn't really keep track of how much civilians I got. I just remembered the workboats because they were such an oddity to get. I also was competing with another civ for the city state suzerain so I don't think I was always egilible.

I believe the game lasted to round 250 or smth. I believe I earned like 4-5 workboats compared to 1-2 workers though. Hard to remember because I just put workers on auto work at the mid-game
New v11.1 version should have fixed workboat and cargo ship spawning. Also they should be a bit rarer. LEt me know if something odd is still present.

New v11.1 version should have fixed workboat and cargo ship spawning. Also they should be a bit rarer. LEt me know if something odd is still present.
So I got a free worker almost every turn from the same city state like 6 turn in a row and I don't think I'm just being astronomically lucky and The CS Manikongo Glory ability got replaced by Colonial Capitalism (no I'm not playing canada) but I'm 100% sure this is because I updated from v11 to 11.1 mid game as I've seen this happen before. Anyway to fix savegame compatibility wonkiness ?

So I got a free worker almost every turn from the same city state like 6 turn in a row and I don't think I'm just being astronomically lucky and The CS Manikongo Glory ability got replaced by Colonial Capitalism (no I'm not playing canada) but I'm 100% sure this is because I updated from v11 to 11.1 mid game as I've seen this happen before. Anyway to fix savegame compatibility wonkiness ?
Anyone having similar problem? It was lua change, so it should be savegame compatible.

Is there a reason why the free worker bonus can't be on a timer instead of luck chance every round?

Anyone having similar problem? It was lua change, so it should be savegame compatible.
This might not even be from your end. Could just some quirk from the game itself that manifest because of something unrelated. Not game breaking either way. I'm still getting that worker spam from Douala though, probably like 75% spawn rate.

Try this. Maybe some error in build came in... I was testing stuff with 80% chance and then reverted it to 3%. Or at least I though I reverted it...

Attachments

• (overhaul) Unique City States for VP (v11.1.1).7z
    2.8 MB · Views: 117
Share me lua.log. I will check that today.
Was this bug present in previous version?
What about marshes? Can you build them as well?
Did you test it on new game or only on an old savefile?

EDIT:
I tested it right now, because I have few minutes before leaving and for me everything works fine. No access to improvements, then I allied Brussels and Cahokia, so I got access to both improvements, then I started war with them and after 2 turns I lost access to those improvements. So, I cannot reproduce that.
Please, load bare UCS with VP, start new game and use IGE to reproduce the bug. If it is still present, send me lua.logs.

Last edited:
Drat, wish I saved a picture of my builder being able to build it. I was able to build it at first on new runs with Brazil and China.

However, after I enabled ValidateGameDatabase in the config.ini file (for logging), I was unable to build it again.
It's worth noting that the advanced tooltip still displayed Mounds as a possible buildable improvement, it just didn't show up in the Builder menu.
The txt file is the lua log for the worker pic where it shows that Mounds is in the advanced tooltip but is not able to be built.
Spoiler Screenshot :

20221204132759_1.jpg

A pic from yesterday game as proof that I was able to build Mounds, but it's no longer a valid option after I validated the database.
Spoiler Screenshot :

20221204135716_1.jpg

I think if you can just figure out why Mound is being loaded in and is being recognized by the advanced tooltip then the bug should be fixed. I can't figure out why it became buildable in the first place for me though. I'm going to assume some cache shenanigans but I couldn't tell you how.

Attachments

• Logging with brazil, china and greece - Lua.txt
    190.8 KB · Views: 4
"Luckily", I have the screen and logs this time.

the attached .rar file contains the whole log folder.

Attachments

• 1st turn.jpg
    1st turn.jpg
    620.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Logs.rar
    55.5 KB · Views: 7
"Luckily", I have the screen and logs this time.

the attached .rar file contains the whole log folder.
You have some lua error of unknown source.
Code:
[339425.656] Runtime Error: E:\DOC\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\CoreLua\InGame.lua:1255: attempt to index local 'addinFile' (a nil value)
[339425.656] Runtime Error: Error loading E:\DOC\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\CoreLua\InGame.lua.
Try to load only VP and UCS and reproduce the bug.
Maybe it's a mod conflict, or this error causes lua stop working?

Mound will show in the tootip, because it is blocked with lua, and this is not scanned by the tooltip generator. I cannot do anything about that.
I tested again, starting from turn 0. I have no errors, nor I can reproduce this bug.
Anyone? I need to be sure if this bug is on my side.

You have some lua error of unknown source.
I just faced the same thing when I tried to experiment with IGE, but on a different bug unrelated to UCS.
I don't know what caused it, though, it's so weird.

Basically, a Lua mod that uses InGameUIAddin somehow didn't load.

I just faced the same thing when I tried to experiment with IGE, but on a different bug unrelated to UCS.
I don't know what caused it, though, it's so weird.

Basically, a Lua mod that uses InGameUIAddin somehow didn't load.
So another mod can generate this error?

So another mod can generate this error?
Yeah. What the weird thing about this error is that if IGE is showing an error, it should be showing an error popup with the related debug stuff. But this one, the Lua file just didn't load.

Well, if there is an error in UCS Lua file, you have to look at the Lua.log file, and usually the error should be referring to the UCS Lua file. But because of this error, it's not, and it shows an error for InGame.lua file instead.

For me logs are are clear, so no errors on my side. @Whitehorns it would be good if you post your mod list used when you had that error.

Top Bottom