Unique Great General Problem

eggs2121

Chieftain
I've created a unit I call GREAT_COMMANDER to be a unique civ specific unit. I've created it normally like I would any other unique unit. In the civilopedia, the unit shows up as a unique unit to replace Great General for the civilization. However, in the game, the normal Great General is generated and not the unique unit.

I've checked my XML and everything appears to be correct.

Does anyone know why the unique unit is not being generated during gameplay.

It might be impossible to make unique great people. The GPP are for a specific Unit, and there is probably just no check for a UU replacement when one is created in the game.

In my mod I have unique generals for each civ, but I did it manually without using the built in unique unit stuff.

There is a method in CvEventManager called onGreatPersonBorn. Just add a test to see if the great person being born is one that you're interested in. If so Create your new Great Person and delete the original one.

Sure with a SDK change anything can be done.
Fot the vast mayouty of modders however SDK change is impossible...

I've been successful in having a UU for Great Artists, Merchants, Engineers, Scientists, and Prophets... not so much on the Great Generals though.

I think there was a mod for specific names according to the country for the Great People. The only one that was unsuccessful was the Great General as well.

Top Bottom