1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Unique Historical Victories?

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall of the Greek World' started by Cheesylard, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Cheesylard

Cheesylard Chieftain

Has anyone started to work on the Unique Historical Victories? Because, although I am no programer and cannot litterly put it into the game, I would be more then happy to figure out historical victories for any of the civilizations, for whatever thats worth...

2. Arkaeyn

Arkaeyn Chieftain

If you want to start brainstorming, feel free. They're much later on the list of things to do, however, and learning the XML to start plugging wonders and units in may lead to more direct benefits.

3. Cheesylard

Cheesylard Chieftain

Alright then, I shall...
    Is there anything currently that needs to be done that I can do with no programing knowlage?

4. Arkaeyn

Arkaeyn Chieftain

Check the City Names and Settler Maps thread. Persia and Greece need finishing. That's just research and typing.

5. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

May I post my Ideas for a Sparta UHV? No? WHO CARES!

Ensure no non-Greek (Anyone but Athens and Sparta at this point) culture is in Greece by 478 B.C. (Second Greco-Persian war (The one with Marathon and 300 Spartans) ended 479)
    Control more land than Athens by 406 B.C. (Peloponnesian War ended 404 B.C.)
    Never lose a city until 148 B.C. (Sparta was conquered by Rome in 146 B.C.)

6. Arkaeyn

Arkaeyn Chieftain

The third UHV in RFC is generally one which was not achieved by the civ in question.

7. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Chieftain

Well for now we have 3 historical UHV's to choose from and we have plenty of time to think of an a-historical UHV. I say we should think of 2-3 historical UHV's for each civ and later choose which ones fit.
    Here's some UHV's for Phoenicia:
    1. Control 7 coastal cities not in the area near Tyre (As in overseas) by (2 turns before Carthage spawn year).
    2. Be the first to discover The Alphabet, (Some ship-related technology), and Currency.
    3. Control X of Y (valuable trade resource, maybe several kinds of resources could be required)
    Well that's all I can think of right now, seems too generic but I think it could give a nice guideline and jump-start when we really need to think of some UHVs.

8. Omega124

We can always extend the 3rd UHV to later, but I don't have ideas on how long.

9. Cheesylard

Cheesylard Chieftain

I think maybe Sparta should have somthing involving the city of athens, as they did.... burn it, kinda a big part of history
    You know, as the Historical Goal

10. JiimBV

JiimBV Afro Samurai

Possible UHV Requirements:

Babylon:
    1. Be the first to discover Writing, Code of Law and Monarchy
    2. Build the Hanging Gardens and Ishtar Gate by 600BC (under the assumption that the Ishtar Gate will be a wonder)
    3. Control Israel and Mesopotamia in 600BC
    4. Babylon must be the most populated nation in the world from 700-500BC
    5. Have the largest army in the world in 600BC

Israel:
    1. Build the Temple of Solomon by 960BC
    2. Don't lose a city until 0AD
    3. Found 2 religions
    4. Be making 40 gold per turn from Holy Shrines in 200AD
    5. Control the capital of Macedon, Babylon or Rome by 100AD

Persia:
    1. Control the cores of 5 civilizations by 500BC
    OR
    2. Control 40% of the world's territory (or whatever the furthest extent of their empire would be) by 500BC
    OR
    3. Control the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World by 500BC
    AND
    4. Have a total of 15000 culture by 0AD
    AND
    5. Have an army of 200 units by 100AD

Persia wasn't the best, but I rather like Israel's options 1 2 and 4.

11. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Chieftain

Number 2 for Israel isn't very good, mostly because it's just building a good defense and waiting it out.

12. Cheesylard

Cheesylard Chieftain

And Isreal lost Jerusalam.... A LOT

13. El Bogus

El Bogus Chieftain

I think UHV for Athens could be like:
    Build a dozen wonders.
    Settle (or maybe conquere but I'm more like settle) a city in Spain, Italy, France or something like that collonies stuff.
    Have more owls than wonders in Athens... =)
    Be the first to discover some techs (what we have in RFC already).
    Be the first to adopt a democratic civic.

14. JiimBV

JiimBV Afro Samurai

For the most part, UHVs consist of 2 historical conditions and 1 unhistorical condition. Some countries do not abide by this rule, but usually they do.

15. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

Having in mind that rhye planned Israel as the mods Single-City Civ (like babylon in normal RFC) i think we should scrap the 'Do not lose a single city before 0 AD' goal, as if they lose this goal, they pretty much have lost the game :mischief:
    But another option could be 'Be the first do discover Monotheism, Divine Right and (insert good tech here)' could be an option?

16. Omega124

Athens:

Ensure no non-Greek (Anyone but Athens and Sparta at this point) culture is in Greece by 478 B.C.
    Have the highest Culture in the world by X (IDK when, but they did have lots of culture)
    Control the entire Greek mainland 406 B.C. (Peloponnesian war gone backwards)