Unique Improvements

Tech Osen

Emperor
With the news about the floodings in both Texas and Asia the Dutch media always brings stories about how Dutch engineers are providing advice all over the world on projects to prevent floodings and watermanagement.
That got me thinking about Civ since in previous Civ games the Dutch could build dikes and polders. Wouldn't it be fun if you could share UIs with DoF/allied Civs? Would add another incentive to go for peaceful games.

I really like this idea and would extend it to unique buildings, districts and units as well. I would want to include some sort of limitation (increased build costs/builder charges or reduced yields/combat effectiveness) so that "copied" versions aren't quite as effective as the originals, but I think that with the right balance, it would do a good job of increasing game to game variation and creating opportunities for meaningful non-military interactions with other civs.

i like the idea and i think of a few thing to add.

owning another civ unique improvement on your territory would be like promoting the other civ culture. so the return from offering your unique improvement to other civ could be in culture or tourism.

i see two way to get it:

- peaceful way: allied civ can share their unique improvement
- hostile way: capturing a city with unique improvement would not erase said improvement. (and would be counted as being shared). Capturing a civ capital give you the capacity to build their unique improvement yourself (and negate the "tourism" effect of owning another civ improvement in your empire.)

NB: could also work for city state, where capturing a city state would give you it's suzerainty bonus (without being counted as suzerain) but you (and everybody else) will lose the district bonus.

Top Bottom