1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Unique Palace Buildings

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by Philasimes, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Philasimes

Philasimes Chieftain

Hello fellow modders

I was trying to change the city look for my modded civilization, and I wanted to use Poland's unique palace, but I can't seem to find in what artdef it is defined. I also can't find it in the asset editor, but I can find e.g. Australia's.

Does anyone know how I would go about changing the palace?

2. TheLunarArmy

TheLunarArmy Chieftain

Dont think DLC is available in Assets :(

3. Philasimes

Philasimes Chieftain

But is there a way to select unique palaces of basegame civs, like spain?

4. trihell

trihell Chieftain

I've had the same question (though for basegame). Thecrazyscot suggested to me in another thread that it's defined elsewhere in the artdefs but so far I've come up empty on figuring it out.

Edit: I assume you're talking about the actual unique palaces (like spain) and not just the default palace of each culture in cultures.artdef - that one will get you:

1. Basic european (no culture set)
    2. Egyptian (NorthAfrican)
    3. Greek (Mediterranean)
    4. Castle (Scottish)
    5. Domed Arabian look (Mughal)
    6. Pyramid fortress (SouthAfrican)
    7. Golden temple thing (Indonesian)
    8. Russian palace (Baltic)
    9. Aztec temple (SouthAmerican)
    10. White house (America)
    11. Chinese style (SoutheastAsian)
    12. Japanese style (EastAsian)

Additional "unique" ones I've seen but don't know how to access for mods are Spain's (U shaped double decker) and England's (Parliament domed top thing). There might be more.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  5. Philasimes

Philasimes Chieftain

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I was talking about the unique ones, which are (afaik) not defined in the cultures artdef. This seems to be a tough nut to crack for me.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  6. trihell

trihell Chieftain

Yeah, I almost think it's not actually in an artdef because I've gone through almost all of them and haven't found one that makes sense for it. If you figure it out, update here, I will too.

Edit: Got an idea to check the autralia dlc since I know it has a unique palace and cuts down on available entries to scroll through. This entry in landmarks.artdef might be the hint:

<Element class="AssetObjects..BLPEntryValue">
    <m_EntryName text="DIS_CTY_RAU_Palace"/>
    <m_XLPClass text="TileBase"/>
    <m_XLPPath text="Tilebases.xlp"/>
    <m_BLPPackage text="landmarks/tilebases"/>
    <m_LibraryName text="TileBase"/>
    <m_ParamName text="Asset"/>
    </Element>

I'll have to investigate further.

Edit2: Yup - guess I never thought to open landmarks.artdef. In the asset editor, it's all there under districts>district_city_center>buildingvariants. I feel dumb now - this tripped me up for a week.

Just from a glance it looks like you can culture tag the culture from cultures.artdef or civilization from civilizations.artdef and the latter would override the former. I assume that's how it's controlled but I'll have to test to be sure. In the basegame it looks like Spain, Sumeria and England get unique palaces. I don't have R&F or most of the civ dlcs so it might be more in yours.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Philasimes likes this.
  7. Philasimes

Philasimes Chieftain

Yeah, I think that's really it. Now we just need to find a way to import dlc assets into the asset editor.

8. pokiehl

pokiehl King

It's impossible to import dlc assets into the asset editor. Hopefully Firaxis will give access to them one day, but who knows.