Unique Power

M41d3n.dc

Chieftain
Hello

So, Have you any ideas ?

I think for hunnic that we can use the mongols UP.
And for Athens the greek UP.

thanks

EDIT : for Rome, i think too like RFC

For Macedon's UP I think there are 3 options from RFC which I would support but I guess many other ideas could be suggested as well. The first 2 are kind of similar, one is the Ottoman's unique power from RFC, which convert conquered cities' culture to the conqueror's.
Second is Arabic UP, which spreads state religion to conquered cities and automatically builds a temple and a cathedral (although if this is taken it is probably best to remove the temple and cathedral).
The third is Carthage's UP which decreases the costs of hiring mercenaries.
Out of these I think we should combine the Arabic UP and the Carthaginian so Macedon's UP will be auto spread of state religion to conquered cities (without buildings) and half recruiting cost of mercenaries (just take the same UP as Carthage's since I think a civ like Macedon deserves a UP that is 1.5 in strength).

Well Macedon was a powerful civ at it's peak.

I had already thought of applying the Arabic UP to Macedonians but didn't realize the same could be implemented with the Turkish UP as well. Which does Rhye find more suitable?

What about Sparta?

Or perhaps all infantry start with combat 1? Seems more appropriate to me as the Spartans were known for their strong infantry, not just defensively.

To be perfectly honest I think this will suck if you use the same UPs as the ones in RFC. People like to see new toys in mods.

The Spartan hoplites (which would almost certainly be their UU) were primarily used defensively in tactical warfare, although strategically could be offensive, of course.

Another possibility would be to have a much different UP, and have a significantly beefed-up UU for the Spartans. Something which gave them extra Great Generals, perhaps.

i think about the phoenician UP:
all cities (or only coast cities) have + 2 trade route
or
+50% gold in coast cities
or
+2/3 gold from luxury ressource

about sparte :
all melee unit have a promotion (but which ?)

thank

I think the Macedonian UHV should combine elements of the Carthage UHV low cost for mercenaries as well as possibly something from Arabia/Mongolia with regards to conquering cities.

I don't think culture bonuses from the Turkish UHV make sense as the the Macedonians were not so well known for their own culture as they assimilated to Greek and even Persian/Eastern culture during the Alexander conquests.

from what i have seen in the alpha the huns already have a UP...when they raze a city (every time they conquer one) some horse archers spawn randomly around the city

Yes well I thought it could represent the merging of cultures, and btw you might want to change that to UP instead of UHV ;).

To be perfectly honest I think this will suck if you use the same UPs as the ones in RFC. People like to see new toys in mods.

Rhye being in Japan severely limits our coding ability at the moment. Another modding expert helping with such things would make new UPs much more likely.

Yeah for now I guess if we want the alpha's to include UPs we should think of which UP from RFC fits each civ to RFCGW.
So here are a couple of ideas:
RFC -------------- RFCGW
Egypt -------------- Egypt
Germany ----------- Rome
Carthage ----------- Carthage
Persia -------------- Persia
Babylon ------------ Babylon
Spain\England\Dutch - Phoenicia
Mongolia ----------- Huns
India --------------- Byzantium
Viking -------------- Celts
Arabia -------------- Macedon
Japan -------------- Sparta
Athens ------------- Greece

For the Hittites, Etruscans and Israel I have no idea for a UP, maybe the first two can get china's UP?
What do you think about my suggestions so far?

Rhye being in Japan severely limits our coding ability at the moment. Another modding expert helping with such things would make new UPs much more likely.

Oh well if they're just placeholders until Rhye comes back then it's no problem.

Perhaps Macedon's unique power would be the ability to build the unique units and buildings of those they conquer in the conquered cities.

Top Bottom