Unique Powers & Civics

In regards to the weaker unit, they will also be cheaper, so you can produce many more and more quickly.

Here the 'warrens' from FfH may serve well which doubles production for the Orcs for certain units.

As far as the Elves cutting the trees, I probably don't remember my LoTR as well as you guys do. I kind of remember the original Eldar being friendly with the Ents, teaching them their langauge and all, so I thought they wouldn't cut trees and anger the Ents.

Anyway, if you use the FfH mechanic of being able to build improvements on forests you wouldn't cut the forest anyway in practical terms regardless of lore!

Best wishes,

Breunor

Thanks for your input, you are always welcome to contribute.

The Cutting of Wood was more directed towards the Noldor outlook, because they were the Smiths and Gem Oriented Elves, thus they sould have needed the fuel. For the Sindar however, you are completly correct. It makes a lot of sense that they would not want to cut down trees arbitrarily.

For the cutting of trees maybe it is a good idea to limit them to do that. However disallowing them to do that might cost them to build any improvements. One possibility to remedy that is to let them make one or two improvements specifically designed to be build in forests or let them build improvements while keeping forests (like in FFH).
On the orc grouping, I would keep them as cheaper and weaker (not to dramatically of course) and not venture into the grouping idea like I said in the other thread. It is not sure if it is possible and how and I think we should also keep the normal unit aspects of civilization.

At least for the Sindar, and maybe the Vanyar and Teleri. I think it fits both Noldor fine to have them chop forests.

I would not forbid chopping for them alltogether, as it can serve defensive purposes as well. We could however limit the amount of hammers they get from it or drop it altogether. Alternatively, we could give the elves a bonus for forest attack equal to the defense a forest tile gives, to counter that problem.

Agreed, once again, at least for the Sindar.

Top Bottom