Unique unit Faith purchase

Lavilledieu

Chieftain
I am giving a civ the inablity to train settlers, but give it the ability to faithpurchase it. Only, the settler replacement seems available for everyone. I know this is an old issue, but I remember some time ago that on the Colonialist Legacies forumpage someone said he knew a way to prevent that.

I have not really worked with LUA before, but I was thinking: can you add faith cost to the settler if the civ is not CIV_X? Or can I make the faithcost -1 for civs not CIV_X? I saw that the database isn't modifiable, so should I have a new xml-entry that adds faithcost? Or is it possible to just make it unviewable in the religion screen and city screen?

Making a unit such as a settler faith-purchasable for only civ-x will generally require a fair amount of code-gymnastics, and usually requires either some form of lua User-Interface pop-up panel be added to the game, or else some other form of trickery. This will be true whether the unit is a combat unit or a civilian unit.

The game really does not like to allow Civ-X to purchase Unit-Y with faith except when the player has chosen either the Holy Warriors or Religious Fervor Beliefs, and then the game's pre-existing systems want to only allow the purchase of units from the eras for which these two beliefs apply. Creating a special belief that only Civ-X can have or is given does not really get around the restrictions of faith-buying units because the Beliefs allow faith-buying by era a unit belongs to instead of by unit or unit-class.

Top Bottom