Unique Units

Skibbi

Prince
I have ideas for unique units for the people who only have an infantry and tanks.
Greece
Metaxas Fortification 70 :c5strength: Cannot move Cannot attack -30% vs tanks
Riflemen 34 :c5strength: -20% vs tanks +20% on defense
England
Home Guard 30 :c5strength: Cannot embark Interception (50) (SPECIAL_FORCES)
+10% vs gunpowder
France
Maginot Fortification 70 :c5strength: (same as metaxas)
Germany
Panzerfaust 36 :c5strength: +50% vs Armour -10% vs gunpowder (INFANTRY)
King Tiger/Panzer VIB 120 :c5strength: (should be strongest) (SUPER_HEAVY_TANK)

Good ideas ! :)
But I think Maginot should be stronger : Germany didn't even try to attack it and went through the Ardennes, but they actually invaded Greece.

Anyway, adding this kind of fortifications would be great and more realistic (especiallyfor France, which sadly based its strategy upon these).

Okay, changed strengths!

But i cant remember that the antitankweapons were build in sufficient amount to be an important factor. I think we should imagine other units than this.

For USSR definitely the Katjuscha, mobile artillerie that can move after attack and attack without preparation. Perhaps this fighter (Iyushin?!) that was like a flying tank (increased hitpoints, like 10-20% more than normal fighter).

For Nazis... Hmm. Don't know that much about them, but there subs were strong early on. The german tanks were hyped, they were strong with later models but also expensive and complicated, so nothing that sticks out. Perhaps thinking about the jetfighter (called "Schwalbe"?!) or the V2 missile as some lategame units that might change the war when built in sufficient mass?

For Japan definitely Yamato superbattleship with something like 80 Str (75 Str is normal i think). Also Zero-fighter or Kami-kaze are well known units, but i don't know if they were this important.

For US i would stick to carriers and a anything else, perferrably air unit.

Damn i know nearly nothing about the pacific war in detail...

BTW: We 'need' a second UU for France. I am not sure what, but except a "pimped" version of Fremdenlegion there is nothing i can remember what makes sense as France was defeated so fast and had no chance to develope new weapons from this time on. Perhaps something like a 'resistance'-unit that spawns from time to time in occupied ex-france-cities. I haven't played france for a long time, so i cant remeber what foreign leagion has as special ability. Something like "no attack penalty behind enemy lines" or makes sense for me.

But i cant remember that the antitankweapons were build in sufficient amount to be an important factor. I think we should imagine other units than this.

Actually, during the Battle of France, Germany used some kind of anti-aircraft artillery as a very efficient anti-tank gun (88 mm gun).

I remember France created one of the best anti-tank gun of the war's early years but didn't have time to build enough of them.

We 'need' a second UU for France. I am not sure what, but except a "pimped" version of Fremdenlegion there is nothing i can remember what makes sense as France was defeated so fast and had no chance to develope new weapons from this time on. Perhaps something like a 'resistance'-unit that spawns from time to time in occupied ex-france-cities. I haven't played france for a long time, so i cant remeber what foreign leagion has as special ability. Something like "no attack penalty behind enemy lines" or makes sense for me.

The French Somua S35 was considered among the best tanks in the World by 1939, and even the USA bought some 1000, I think (but it's already in the game). French mountain infantry was also quite strong : they nearly blocked the Italian army (which had 2 or 3 times more troops) in the Alpes, and slowed the German panzers near Grenoble. Ingame, it could be an infantry with somes defence bonuses in rough terrain or hills (it may be difficult -yet interesting- to give them the ability to walk on mountains, I guess).

We 'need' a second UU for France. I am not sure what, but except a "pimped" version of Fremdenlegion there is nothing i can remember what makes sense as France was defeated so fast and had no chance to develope new weapons from this time on. Perhaps something like a 'resistance'-unit that spawns from time to time in occupied ex-france-cities. I haven't played france for a long time, so i cant remeber what foreign leagion has as special ability. Something like "no attack penalty behind enemy lines" or makes sense for me.
I think that's the partisan unit!

IMO I would make fortifications Generic (all have the same strength and cannot move) and unbuildable, so they can only be spawned on the map when it's project is built.

Could Use Marines, Rangers, Schutzstaffel, Homeguard, Shock Army (USSR), Partisian, Bersaglieri and SAS. Probably enough room for two UU per nation or something :)

Maginot and Metaxas should appear at start. Maybe an extension prohect for metaxas that makes it cover albanian and yugoslavian border as well (as it was only bulgaria).

Remember there is a spreadsheet containing info on currently planned unit classes.

Also each unit in the game is "unique" in it's definition and can have slightly different stats than the class it's based on (example: the IL-2 Shturmovik which has better stats than other attack aircraft), and some civilization already have "unique classes" (example: the soviet KV-2 "old" heavy assault gun)

Now we can have more of those, sure, but first we need to fix the 256 unit type limit, as we are to close from it to add new ones at this moment.

Edit: And there are some unit type I won't make independent on the map, but may be part of other units. Example: Machine Guns or Anti-Tank guns included in Fortification units, or Anti-Air and Artillery made a sub-component of other units (I'll post about that in the development thread)

Didn't know about development spread sheet!
Sorry

more of those, sure, but first we need to fix the 256 unit type limit, as we are to close from it to add new ones at this moment.
There doesn't need to be so many types of Cruiser tanks!

I agree, but we need to tell it to the Britain engineers of the time that have done a lot of "trial/error" before obtaining the perfect tank :D

I wanted to represent that in game.

I think the Maginot idea is great, as is the Metaxis line. I think Anti-tank units. . .are not neccesary, but maybe an anti-tank promotion for infantry would suffice. Also, I would make some sort of anti-air 88's or whatever for each nation. And be sure that the AI start with some or build some. The airwar needs to be fixed a little bit. On a side note, I think Russia should get some sort of huge production boost for infantry and t-34 tanks starting in 1942 so they can really churn those out of their production hubs.

Hello everyone.

Started to play the mod - it's just great! But i'm wondering, why Germany has as Mechanized_Infatry Flakpanzers and not Sd Kfz 251 for example?

Once morale is in, the Stuka should hurt the morale of opposing units.

Heros fight like Hellens unique ability should influence that!

Top Bottom