Unique World dungeons?

Avahz Darkwood

Emperor
I was just wondering, do all dungeons and explorable lairs have the same spawn chances? If so could it be possible for the unique dungeons to have a chance to spawn unique out comes, some with world wide effects? Some of my suggestions would be: (please excuse the names I know they are not exactly phrased correctly)

1: Pyre of the Seraphic: A chance to spawn allied or hostile angles and/or fire elementals. Their strength/type can depend upon game turn. The angle can be a survivor of a sacrifice so I would expect most all of them to be insane, thus needing the loyalty spell to keep them in line.

2: Brandalins(sp) well: A chance to spawn a major area of hell terrain around it or Hostile/allied demons depending on your alignment(isn't it suppose to somehow link to Agares's hell?)

3: Afrion Isles: 1500 gold and/or a chance to cause a world wide tsunami like the Lunan spell. There may be a lot of pent up magical potential on this island connected to the lose of its ppl.

Are there other unique dungeons? I don't remember but any other suggestions would be an interesting read.

The broken Spelucher has a chance to spawn a lich with the name Barbatos already, so your suggestions are possible. Some of the features may already have unique events, I am unsure.

I don't like the idea of worldwide effects, as you can imagine howannoying it would be if you were negatively affected by an exploration on the other side of the world.

BTW, Bradeline's Well leads to Arwan's plane, a very neutral plane, though the evil archmage Laroth dwells there. It would be interesting if Rathus Denomra could ressurect Laroth with the well.

In my modmod I made it work like this:

Broken Sepulcher: Spawns Barbatos: works like the origional Barbatos
Pyre of the Seraphic: Spawns 3 Fire Elementals
Brandalines Well: Spawns a Soul Lord: Wraith with 10 Strength +6 Death +1 Aff. Death 0 Movement
Aifon Isle: Spawns the Leviathan

The leviathan event doesn't work right and the soul lord is going to get an ability as soon as I think of one.

For the Aifon, I always imagined a lost city type of thing. Maybe you can earn the sea-faring tech from it? Or have it turn into a city with a tile-yield modifying building in it. The last is unique and limited but useful and I likes it.

Top Bottom