Unit and building mod issues

I download 27 unit and building mods from civfanatics and uploaded them as instructed from a post on steam. It worked for scenarios and maps, but not for the units and building mods. My question: is it a different process for uploading unit and building mods to steam civ 3? If so, I can really use some guidance. Thank you for your time.

I download 27 unit and building mods from civfanatics and uploaded them as instructed from a post on steam. It worked for scenarios and maps, but not for the units and building mods. My question: is it a different process for uploading unit and building mods to steam civ 3? If so, I can really use some guidance. Thank you for your time.

It shouldn't be. The folder structures are the same, although I know there some Label (.txt) issues involved when using Steam. Can you be more specific?

I download 27 unit and building mods from civfanatics and uploaded them as instructed from a post on steam. It worked for scenarios and maps, but not for the units and building mods.
I'm also not sure exactly what you're asking here, but this (bolded) section did strike me as telling.

Scenarios (and maps) are usually 'complete products', i.e. .biq files + any associated files+folders, which are plug'n'play (provided the mod-designer has done all the necessary work, anyway!). Just drop them into the ../Conquests/Scenarios folder, access them from the "Civ-Content" menu, and away you go.

But to add new building- and unit-graphics into an existing ruleset isn't just a matter of dropping the files on your hard-disk, it requires (also) editing e.g. the civilopedia and pediaicons files, to tell the game where to find the new files and how to use them, i.e. doing actual modding.

Top Bottom