1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Autoproduction

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Technical Support' started by LincolnOfRome, Apr 17, 2016.

1. LincolnOfRome

LincolnOfRome Glutton for Punishment

When I select a military unit for production in a city, the game engine places an asterisk in front of it and continues producing it ad infinitum. How do I turn off this feature?

2. s.bernbaum

s.bernbaum Mostly lurking

This should only happen if you press Alt when making the selection. Be sure that you are not doing that. If you are certain, have a look at the options screen and make sure that you don't have something checked "on" there that is giving the autoproduction priority.

3. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Disinterested Observer Moderator

If you are using BUG or the BAT Mod, that "feature" is sometimes enabled by default.

Use CTRL-ALT-O to bring up the BUG options screen and check that the setting isn't ticked. It's in the city screen I believe and you'll have to scroll down to see the setting. It should be un-ticked for normal behavior.

4. LincolnOfRome

LincolnOfRome Glutton for Punishment

Thanks, I am running the Buffy 3.19.004 (includes BUG/BAT). There is an option to "build military units forever" and "build civilian units forever" on the city screen. Both of those items are unchecked though.

5. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Disinterested Observer Moderator