Unit Build Fast ?

wsony12

Chieftain
is there a way to build a unit, eg, settler, right away, like you coluld with civ2 ? thanks

If you mean a cheat, no, there isn't.

However, if you are in the Slavery civic, enabled by the Bronze Working technology, you can 'whip' (remove) some of your city's population to hurry a unit or building to completion in one turn. However, you need a certain amount of population (determined by how many hammers you need to finish the unit/building) in order to do so. Simply enter the City Manager (double-click on the city) and hit the 'Use Slavery' button (next to the mini-map).

You can also chop forests with a Worker, giving you (IIRC) 30 hammers before the Mathematics tech, and 44 hammers after towards the item currently being built. However, you must have the Bronze Working technology to do so.

You can also buy units with universal suffrage civic.

Bear in mind if you whip or buy on the first turn of production there is a big penalty (I think it is 50% extra cost?)

With military units, you can Draft units under nationhood. Unlike whipping/chopping, this gives you the unit on the same turn, however, it only works with certain military units.

Make sure it's your settler - I tried to play a game on the Earth map as America, and Monty invaded with a stack of two Jaguars on a city that was defended by a warrior (I had a axeman going to the city, but it would take too long), so I WB'd in a axeman, but unfortunatly, it belonged to Hatty. I had to delete it, but the damage was done - she had contact with both me and Monty. I had to abandon the game because I was no longer isolated.

Make sure it's your settler - I tried to play a game on the Earth map as America, and Monty invaded with a stack of two Jaguars on a city that was defended by a warrior (I had a axeman going to the city, but it would take too long), so I WB'd in a axeman, but unfortunatly, it belonged to Hatty. I had to delete it, but the damage was done - she had contact with both me and Monty. I had to abandon the game because I was no longer isolated.

First of all you're a smelly dirty cheater and that's what you deserve. ;) But secondly, couldn't you just reload back a turn before you made the mistake?

Top Bottom