Unit Cap or City Cap

King
Do you think there should be unit cap or even city cap?

I've completed now all four victories with King difficulty. Second victory was tricky but after that games were quite easy.

With start game city spawn with good military support and then war war war against AI. I got all the victories. I think it's kind of weird that you can build so large army without penalty. Only penalty is that you'll get behind by not having buildings. But when you capture AI cities it really doesn't matter.

Now I have to test my strategy with next level. King level AI city defense and offensive was poor. There were random Legion SODs but that's pretty much it.

Caps are too arbitrary and few people would want it.

I would say just move up the difficulty level if you find it too easy, or refrain yourself from building too many units, or adopt particular variant play style to make it more interesting. Civ allows you to play any way you want, so you shouldn't always use the same strategy to play. :)

Caps wouldn't make it harder to win, they'd just make it take longer to do so.

But yes, choose some variant style of play, or go up to a harder difficulty. Try an always war game: declare war on everyone as soon as you meet them, and then stay at war all game long. This will limit your ability to expand quickly early on very nicely. :)

Top Bottom