Unit designs

usnavyet

Chieftain
Is it possible to get the game to NOT create new designs whenever a new reactor becomes available? For one thing in simple basic designs the higher reactor raises the cost, and second I'm a little bit anal about my designs. It's a pain to go in and obsolete all the new designs I don't want and then retire them to clear the slots. Thanks for any help, and it's hard to believe I ever stopped playing this game!!!

I don't know of any way to stop this. Just before researching a new reactor, I try to upgrade outdated units and obsolete designs that aren't being used. Doing so reduces the number of predesigned new units.

Just go to the "Menu" and then to "Game" and finally "Preferences". Uncheck the line for "Design units automatically".

Just go to the "Menu" and then to "Game" and finally "Preferences". Uncheck the line for "Design units automatically".

Unfortunately, doing so will not prevent new units from being designed when a new reactor becomes available. The new units will be the same as units already present in the Design Workshop, but with the new reactor.

Top Bottom