1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit designs

Discussion in 'Alpha Centauri' started by usnavyet, Aug 30, 2015.

1. usnavyet

usnavyet Chieftain

Is it possible to get the game to NOT create new designs whenever a new reactor becomes available? For one thing in simple basic designs the higher reactor raises the cost, and second I'm a little bit anal about my designs. It's a pain to go in and obsolete all the new designs I don't want and then retire them to clear the slots. Thanks for any help, and it's hard to believe I ever stopped playing this game!!!

2. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

I don't know of any way to stop this. Just before researching a new reactor, I try to upgrade outdated units and obsolete designs that aren't being used. Doing so reduces the number of predesigned new units.

3. usnavyet

usnavyet Chieftain

OK, Thanks for the reply Petek!!!

4. Buster's Uncle

Buster's Uncle AC2 Co-Owner

5. Agent Miles

Agent Miles Chieftain

Just go to the "Menu" and then to "Game" and finally "Preferences". Uncheck the line for "Design units automatically".

6. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

Unfortunately, doing so will not prevent new units from being designed when a new reactor becomes available. The new units will be the same as units already present in the Design Workshop, but with the new reactor.