Unit Graphic Downloads suddenly not working

Predator145

Prince
I've been able to download some units before but now when I try doing it again and click the download button nothing happens. When I search and find the thread and download from there it works. What's the reason for this?

Is there a specific unit you are having that issue with? I just downloaded the Lockheed Ventura Cuban (selected at random), and it worked as expected.

Is there a specific unit you are having that issue with? I just downloaded the Lockheed Ventura Cuban (selected at random), and it worked as expected.

There seems to be a bunch of them I can't download through the library search page any more. An example would be this one: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/the-dismount-cavalry.1716/. I've downloaded that in the past through the search function page before. Now nothing happens when I click the download button.

That one downloaded just fine for me, and without delay. I've re-attached it to this post. It could be a local Internet issue, though it would be nice if someone else could weigh in as to whether The Dismount Cavalry works for them to see if it working for me or not working for you is the oddity.

One slight oddity with this unit is that it's compressed as an .ace file (likely via WinAce), rather than the more common .zip, .rar, or .7z. It's possible that is causing the issue as well. I don't have the software to decompress it, and a virus test on it came back negative, but it's possible you have software that it blocking all .ace downloads. According to Wikipedia, WinAce at one point shipped with adware, so I wouldn't be too surprised if some anti-virus blocks all .ace files.

Edit: I was able to convert it to a .7z file, which will decompress with 7-Zip. I've attached that version as well, which should help determine if the issue is not being able to download .ace files.

Attachments

• DismountCavalry.ace
    330.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DismountCavalry.7z
    303.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Top Bottom