Unit Graphic not appearing ingame

silverjaded

Chieftain
I've been trying to build this mod for a while.

The unit graphic is one that was converted from Civ4 into 5, which worked.
I've now converted this to Civ6.

The unit is in and the assets appear correctly in Asset Editor but are invisible in the game.
I've tried various methods of changing the art config files but I'm not sure how to prove if this is an asset issue or not.
I tried the config files with a stock model and it worked.

Can someone give it a look and see what I've missed?
It might be a cooking problem.

Ignore the fact that it's a land unit, setting it as a starting unit just makes testing easier.
I also haven't bothered creating icons yet.

Thanks

Attachments

• Unit.JPG
    Unit.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 38
  • SuperCarrier.zip
    3 MB · Views: 34
@silverjaded - I've downloaded your attachment and I'm having a look, now.

From a very momentary (and I mean, 10 seconds) glance at the Units.artdef, I think you have mixed up which parts you are referencing and where. I will not approach this reply from a code-dump perspective - I find ArtDef structures are easier to walk through in a more folder-structure oriented way:

Within the Units.artdef, you have the Units container and UNIT_SUPERCARRIER element. That UNIT_SUPERCARRIER element has three packages beneath it: Members, Audio and AttachmentVisibility.

Within Members, you have the following listed:

Name: Members001
Count: 1
Scale: 1
Type: SuperCarrier

That final value is your first error - the string of text should be what you have used as the first element name in the UnitMemberTypes container in the same Units.artdef file.

To be clear on what I'm referring to, in the same file, you have a container called UnitMemberTypes, within which there is an element you have named UnitMember_SuperCarrier. So, where you have:

Type: SuperCarrier

...you should have:

Type: UnitMember_SuperCarrier

--

Furthermore, the UnitMember_SuperCarrier doesn't actually have any Attachments defined. The structure of the UnitMemberTypes hierarchy you have is:

UnitMember_SuperCarrier
>> Cultures
>>>> Any
>>>>>> Variations

You need to add an element to Variations (right-click, Add Element). You'll end up with an auto-named element, that has an Attachments folder beneath it. Right-click that folder and add an element for every attachment your model consists of. You may end up with something like:

UnitMember_SuperCarrier
>> Cultures
>>>> Any
>>>>>> Variations
>>>>>>>> ExampleName
>>>>>>>>>> Attachments
>>>>>>>>>>>> Hull
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bins
>>>>>>>>>>>> Gun
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bins

Note: the 'Bins' package gets created automatically for every element you add under 'Attachments'. For each element in attachments (i.e. Hull, Gun), you need to specify some attributes, although mainly identifying the 'Point'.

If the whole model is a single asset and moves as one, then you will only need one element and point to one UnitAttachmentBin.

Within 'Bins', you are then directing the game to a UnitAttachmentBin that exists within the Unit_Bins.artdef. Now, you've created your own that has a single UnitAttachmentBin defined. My assumption is that this bin includes the single-asset model that represents your unit:

SuperCarrier/SuperCarrier

This, therefore, is what you should enter as the name within the 'Bins' package that appears underneath your Attachment element. You'll need to right-click and 'Add element' on the 'Bins' package to make the Name attribute appear.

I will have more time, later, to go through this properly, if you still need me to. I appreciate the above isn't that visual.

I'm quite a veteran in Civ6 modding. however. April 2021 Patch did seriously hindered my progress on any project. even a community request project https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/man-at-arms-has-no-cultural-variations.669531/page-4

upload_2021-5-14_2-9-55.png

^ I tried to mod Man at Arms and Knights by adding cultural variants. Initially there's no change. Now unit graphics did NOT APPEAR AT ALL! Regardless that all MAA Assets i'm using did show up as valid in Asset Previewer
upload_2021-5-14_2-21-48.png

My Unit_bins.Artdef and Units.Artdef are correct.
upload_2021-5-14_2-24-59.png

upload_2021-5-14_2-25-42.png

What are errors you noticed? Is it possible to override April 2021 patch ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cFc98JZi3wwQOuHuPtNi9NoM1OEsDTmL/view?usp=sharing
^ This is a zipfile of WIP mod project. Same problem but different cause, if you could please check it out.

Top Bottom