1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit maker of the Month: June 2006 jury thread

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Flamand, Jul 1, 2006.

?

Which unit should be the Unit of the Month June 2006?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2006.
  1. Aaglo - Silver Helm

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. LizardmenRule! - Dwarf Cavalry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Supa - Godzilla '70

8 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. CamJH - Chaos Halberdier

18 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. utahjazz7 - Rocket Team

12 vote(s)
    19.0%
  6. Hikaro Takayama - Mithra Ranger

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. MoscaTnT - German Panzerfaust

15 vote(s)
    23.8%
  8. Plotinus - Voodoo Doll

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. odintheking

odintheking Lighting the way...

Dammit! This is hard! Voodoo doll, Silver Helm, Chaos Halberdier of Rocket team....

2. Heretic_Cata

Heretic_Cata We're gonna live forever

By using my mystic Romanian powers and other brain things in my head i saw through your plan. :mischief:

3. Stormrage

Stormrage Ever Present Taskmaster

I totally don`t remember that one :D Are you using some mystic Romanian power to make me see that post? :crazyeye:

4. 7ronin

7ronin 海軍少佐

Another tough contest. I had to go with Godzilla. My other favorites were the Mithra Ranger and the Chinese Rocket Team. Congratulations to all the entrants though; they are all super.

5. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

All excellent choices this month. I've downloaded several of them. My prediliction for ancient Asia let the rocket team win my vote and I respect the complexity of doing multi-figure animations; the Panzerfaust was a very close second (looks like it could be used as a combat engineer with that pickaxe animation). None of you should feel slighted, since I can only vote once.

6. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Well, I'd say only one of these units fills my number one cirterea for judging a unit: How much of a Catgirl it is.

Seriously though, these are all great... It was really hard to choose. But.. Go Catgirl!

7. Bjornlo

Bjornlo Deity

I'm finding myself paying far more attention to this months vote than past ones. All are good enough to win, and 3-4 personal favorites leave me no one to really root for. In the end I went with MoscaTnT's Panzerfaust. A very good unit (which I will be able to use in my own game). But, I also am so impressed that a fellow can turn out such an amazing unit given that he has only been making them for a few weeks...

8. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

:lol: I knew that I could count on your vote at least, GoldFlash! Oh well, probably the only vote I'll get though... But I thank you for it anyways.

9. mrtn

mrtn Shaven not stirred

Voted Cam, great comeback to unit making, if there's any rust in that unit I'm sure it's intentional. :)

10. Grandraem

Grandraem Alchemist

I know this has been said again and again, but I have to say it anyways. There truly are too many excellent units to choose from. They really are all top class.:) I've been quite puzzled on how to vote, and I've been studying all the animations again and again to try to find flaws in the animations or look of the units. Excellent job, everyone.:thumbsup: :goodjob: :) !

11. polyphemus

polyphemus join the long blue line

i originally voted for the Rocket team, but now since ive studied all the units carefully i want to change my vote to the German Panzerfaust. All the units are excellent though! So hard to choose...

12. Drift

Drift It's a boy!

Really tough choice this time with four very high quality units, several good ones and not a single bad one. My choice was MoscaTnT's Panzerfaust due to a beautiful model, good idea and a great execution with very realistic animations. There's also a pinch of 'new unit maker' bonus in there, but not enough that it would've made the difference - this unit won with its own merits.

Bubblin' under:
    - Aaglo's silverhelm (beautiful unit and one that has been needed. ED's high elf cavalry was pretty much the only cavalry unit of this particular style.)
    - Utah's rocket team (great idea, beautiful execution. Lost to panzerfaust by inches.)
    - CamJH's chaos halberdier (excellent model, good animations, nothing to fault)
    - Supa's Godzilla (funny and good execution)

13. woodelf

woodelf Bard

It's a shame to have to only pick 1. This is fantastic work.

I'm going with the Rocket Team though.

Great job guys.

14. Chris85

Chris85 Emperor

I voted for the Chaos Halberdier, although I really wish I had another vote so I could pick Godzilla too.

15. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

So I'm, begining to notice a trend here. Anything I vote for never wins.

Oh wait, thats not true. I did manage to vote down thoes state constitutional amenedments a few months back.

But mostly, no. Things I vote for never win. Maybe I should vote for the other politcal party this Novemeber to force them to loose so my party can take back a house of Congress!

16. kairob

kairob Biohazard

hey goldflash, does that meen you are against bush, he who libirated iraq and did so many wonderfull wondefull things?!?!?!?!
    (I am English so anything positive I say about american politics/polititions/foriegn policy or culture is automatically sarcasm btw)
    anyways I voted for that chaos dude, cos it rocked, and if aaglo really wanted to win he would have enterd his greater deamon, and also I hope he will make another one :)

17. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

But at least tell us if there is going to be something special for the winners of each edition or just for this one!
    :evil: Because if it is for each edition, now that I released my first PCX I will work so hard to beat all the others, until I will do it! (I know what means competition, I've been through about 106 so far) :nya: (of course I was joking)

18. Flamand

Flamand The Visible Elder!

Dun worry, it will be for every competition... ;)

19. Bluemofia

Bluemofia F=ma

I voted for the German Panzerfaust. It just looks soo cool! :D

20. polyphemus

polyphemus join the long blue line

the chaos and the panzerfaust are really close in the race. What made the difference for me was that i could use the panzerfaust in game for the germans...which is why i ultimately like the panzerfaust.
    So...maybe that'll help people decide.