1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Module: Salt Golem

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by Tarquelne, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Tarquelne

Tarquelne Follower of Tytalus

Read main forum thread and decided to make a unit.

Download here.

The Luchurip Salt Golem:
    A naval unit, it requires Alteration and a Sculptor's Studio. Cost 100, move 1, 4/6, starts with special "Sea Forged" promotion that allows it to heal faster and while moving.

2. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

What stops it from dissolving (or, technically, dissociating) in the sea?

I think I agree with what someone said in the other thread where you mentioned this, that it would be better as a coral golem.

3. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

need i say more?

4. Tarquelne

Magic.
    The unit requires Alteration and - I didn't mention this above - Enchantment mana. The Luchurip will almost always have that mana available but I wanted to emphasize the "Alteration" requirement. It's not supposed to be ordinary salt.

Coral has some very good points in its favor. It can be very sharp and hard. A "spiky" and coral-colored golem would be cool.

I still prefer salt, though. :)

5. Psychic_Llamas

maybe an upgrade of the salt golem could be coral? give the coral golem a permanent regeneration promotion, or ability to cast regeneration?

6. Tarquelne

... well, I'll include a coral skin that's a recoloring of the present one (which is just a lightened "stone") if I do an update of any sort to the S.G., and include an alternate "Coral Golem" text file. People who want the C.G. can use the different files.

I'm unlikely to do a new Coral Golem unit myself without a modified mesh, esp. since and I'm still not too keen on the idea. However, if someone provides a model I'll add it - they would have already done the hard part. And anyone can use the Salt Golem for their mod. Or just make a separate mod. :)

How'd a permanent regen. promotion work, anyway? Just a really high healing boost of the sort March gives in enemy lands?

7. Psychic_Llamas

yeah. thats basically what i was thinking.