1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit movement techniques...help!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Macintosh' started by PRIMEMOVER, Oct 27, 2003.

1. PRIMEMOVER

PRIMEMOVER Warlord

Maybe somebody can offer up some help...

First off, I was excited to see that the cmd-J function is supposedly operable in the 1.29 beta 2 update...

However, when trying it, I discovered that it I don't thinnk it works unless all the units are "orderless", meaning they haven't been ordered to fortify or sentry...is this correct?

Therefore in order to make full use of the cmd-J (or is it apple-J?) the units have to be without previous orders...problem with that is now every turn, I need to hit the space bar to move to the next unit. In a stack of 15-30 units, it's just a nuissance to do.

I like to fortify or sentry the units if I haven't committed them to attacking yet, so now, if I'm explaining this right and you're following me, I have to "un-sentry or un-fortify" every unit that I want to move as a group?

It's impossible to move sentried or fortified units together as a group, correct?

Any shortcuts that I'm not aware of?

2. Sid

Sid Observer and Participant

Use the 'Wake All' and 'Fortify All' commands.

Right-click (or Cntrl/Cmd Click depending on your interface) on the stack and click 'Wake All', then fortify (F) or sentrify (Shift-Y) the unit(s) that you wish to remain and then Group GoTo (just press J) for the others to proceed wherever you want.

3. MajorFallout

MajorFallout Battalion-Command

Talking about moving units on mass, has anyone noticed that after you've loaded a game and you want to move a load of artillery that are not fortified, it doesn't move em all, but just one unit!? I'm using Civ3 v1.12g or whatever the last version was before 1.29 came out.

4. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

This is because the ability to move stacks of units was added in the 1.29 patch. Plain and simple. If you want to be able to move stacks of units at the same time, you'll have to upgrade your version of Civ3 from 1.21g to 1.29beta2.