1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Naming Precedence

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by Wrecker014, May 6, 2017.

1. Wrecker014

Wrecker014 Chieftain

I am currently attempting to utilize the unit naming feature of the BUG mod within Caveman2Cosmos, and I'm wondering if there's a particular precedence when it comes to naming, as many, many units in Caveman2Cosmos belong to multiple groups.

EDIT: Seems to go for whatever group comes first.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Smarticus Pantsidae

In response to your query, it's probably a good thing to contact the makers of the C2C mod. They have modified things substantially, and I believe that they have also modified BUG to a certain degree.

That being said, I can't really answer your question as I didn't write the code for the unit naming. :(

3. Wrecker014

Wrecker014 Chieftain

Actually in my own modding I figured it out. All units have a specific class they belong to in the first place above all else, the same behaviour from the vanilla game. So that's the one it applies to, nothing else.