Unit order keys don't work on Win 10

Mulva

Chieftain
I just installed C3C from GOG on Win 10. I had it installed on Win 7, but that machine finally broke down and I got a Win 10 machine.

I've noticed a few glitches, including:

When a unit is out of movement points, it remains highlighted rather than switching to the next unit in the queue, and I can't hit the space bar to end its turn, the W to tell it to wait, etc. (I can't move any extra though.) I can manually select any unit I want.

Most of the shortcut keys don't work, like F for fortify, etc. G for goto works but I can only choose an immediately adjacent space, rather than telling the unit to go to a far-off destination. So to move a cavalry its full allotment of movement points along roads, I had to hit G and then click on an adjacent space 9 times. B did work for my cannon to bombard.

I also did G and clock to attack an enemy city, because my new laptop doesn't have a numeric keypad and I tried to hit the 7 to move NW like I would have on a numerical keypad but that didn't work.

If it makes a difference, I tried to play a save game file from my Win 7 installation. I was in the middle of a good game and I wanted to play it out. I haven't tried to start a new game yet. I will try that and report back.

Any advice much appreciated!

Starting a new game seems to work better. I can goto anywhere and unit order keys seem to work. But I still can't move without using G then click, because I have no keypad. Any way to use shortcut keys for direction of movement?

Top Bottom