Unit Preview: Legionary

So Kinboat, did you decide if you were going to make the worker actions or not?

This should answer your question :D

Kinboat, that is magnificenti am going to have to use that bad boy in a mod as soon as you finish it!!:goodjob: :D

Cheers Thorgrimm

Rome still exhists today under the Vatican City. Romans were assimilated into Italy along with Goths, Germanians, Bergundians, Lombards, and many other ethnicites. In fact Venice is probably the most Roman of all modern day cities.

The country which claims to be the most Roman, even more than Italy, is Romania which takes it's name from Rome as well as a Romantic language.

The exhistence of Roman people today is relevant to your thinking. You can either believe Rome was made up of Italian peoples and other peoples in Italy, or Italy is made up of Roman and others in Italy.

A difficult subject aint it?

BTW, I can't wait until this unit is done, he's going to replace the Firaxian version for sure!

Kinboat, utahjazz7, Dom Pedro II, embryodead, and others.. why don't you all work on recreating every civ unit in the game.. because of your better looking units I think this would be an amazing undertaking which would be well appreciated.

Originally posted by Mobilize
Rome still exhists today under the Vatican City. Romans were assimilated into Italy along with Goths, Germanians, Bergundians, Lombards, and many other ethnicites. In fact Venice is probably the most Roman of all modern day cities.

The country which claims to be the most Roman, even more than Italy, is Romania which takes it's name from Rome as well as a Romantic language.

The exhistence of Roman people today is relevant to your thinking. You can either believe Rome was made up of Italian peoples and other peoples in Italy, or Italy is made up of Roman and others in Italy.

A difficult subject aint it?

BTW, I can't wait until this unit is done, he's going to replace the Firaxian version for sure!

Kinboat, utahjazz7, Dom Pedro II, embryodead, and others.. why don't you all work on recreating every civ unit in the game.. because of your better looking units I think this would be an amazing undertaking which would be well appreciated.

beither the Vzatican, Nor Romaian can claim anything near havi ng and actual political connection ot the Roman EMpire- wales dose ;) (which may or may not connect all britain and colonies there of)

-also, the Vatican was created by the timew the Roman empire in italy was long gone, and thus could never represetn the Roman empire in way or manner

Originally posted by Kinboat
This should answer your question :D

awesoem :)

Kinboat, you're wonderful!:love::thumbsup:

What is this a boring history lesson that few really care about? It's not that I don't stay informed it's more that I don't care about historical civilizations. Call me what you want, but your constant arguement for the Byzantines or Romans is more annoying to me than useful. This is a game site, not a history site. I would be watching something on the Discovery channel if I really cared. :rolleyes: Can we leave the history in the General Discussion threads, please? That was my point in the first place.
If the discussion is about what the unit should look like then leave to the person who requested it. He has made his suggestions and there's no point in making pages of posts to argue of the historical accuracy of it.

As far as my nit-picking of a fantasy unit, you might be surprised on my open-mindedness. As long as it looks like it could be is good enough for me. ;) Although the unit makers on this site do much better than a close association.

Those worker actions are INCREDIBLE! Wow, Once again you have blown me away Kinboat! Firaxes or Atari or whoever has the license for CIV IV should knock on your door and give you a job!

Apologies to Tjedge who does not like these discussions but I would like to hear the info the Wales/Rome connection XEN referred too. I know Wales was conquered by Rome in the 1rst Century AD but little after...

Love the worker anim. Love the unit. :)

edit: (part of message deleted)
On second thought, let's not risk heating up the thread any more.

Originally posted by tjedge1
What is this a boring history lesson that few really care about?
tell that to the other guys who enjoy history, the likes of ThorgrimmeClagacus, Kryten, nicatoa, and so on, the'll all tell you that they're very interested inhistory, and this forum serves as connection for us to talk about history the same as you talk about fantasy- except our talks have the benifit of being based in reality

It's not that I don't stay informed it's more that I don't care about historical civilizations. Call me what you want, but your constant arguement for the Byzantines or Romans is more annoying to me than useful.

A)I havent called you anything, so dont even attwempt to insinuate that I have
B)it annoying to you, but then if it was annoying to every one, or even the majority, I wouldnt do it, but guess wht? already, I have recieved several comemnt that sopur meon, be it the young latin learner, or my firned gogf, or Corn shucker all seem to appreciate what I have to say, and so I'll contineuf orthem alone if no one else thank you very much

This is a game site, not a history site. I would be watching something on the Discovery channel if I really cared. :rolleyes: Can we leave the history in the General Discussion threads, please? That was my point in the first place.
your right, this is a site for a game, oh wait, this game happenms to be based on, and takes its insperation from history, perhaps youve forgotten that, as your so involved in your fantasy mods, and hey, its your thing i dont have a problem with it, but but dotn be so naive as to think that site about a game that takes its entire concept from history wont have a great deal of historicl discussion it (oh yes, and if you didnt realize, there is a history sub-forum, and there are very few mods who semto dislike big informative posting about a subject in history just about anywherer in the site)

If the discussion is about what the unit should look like then leave to the person who requested it. He has made his suggestions and there's no point in making pages of posts to argue of the historical accuracy of it.
he suports the front crest, thats enough for me to continue unabted already, but I have decided not to, I dont reralyl care what your opinion is, because if therer is a misconception, or a question about history in this thread, and IO know of it, I intend to clear it up/answer the question- its just common politeness, as I would want the same done for me

and as for accuracy- I think every nation in history is fully entitled to a fully accurate representation of themselves, in any form- this rangeres from simpel depictions of them as game units all the way to how a nation will act in a game, I dont care if people dont like it, itys my opinion, and I;m free to express it, as in my veiw in the least we owe the nations of old for adding to our heritage (and, it generally looks cooler then any of the misconception type looks)

Originally posted by AUGUSTUSAM

Apologies to Tjedge who does not like these discussions but I would like to hear the info the Wales/Rome connection XEN referred too. I know Wales was conquered by Rome in the 1rst Century AD but little after...

any questions in paticuler?

Actually I was wondering what info you have on the topic. I beleive you state that Wales was the last Roman bastion in Britain. What info do you have on that.

I will confess I am totally ignorant on the subject and will have questions if I know more. As is I know so little about what you refer to that I cannot formulate any specific questions...

Also, I enjoy historical debates. I will be the first to admit I do not know all and enjoy gleaning a new piece of info!

How about a thread in the history forums for the rest of this?

Kinboat, that unit looks great!

Why is a talk of only reality a benifit? Fantasy is also a benifit. As you said it is a matter of opinion. I simply stated "I don't care." Just in more words. I said it again. I don't care about history, and what has fantasy got to do with it, anyway? :confused:
You over-analyze my statements a bit. I never insinuated you called me anything. I said you were allowed to. It's not that I am totally displeased with historical discussions, or that I dislike them, I do happen to know a lot of my own cultural history. Don't assume that my love for fantasy means I'm an uneducated moron, that's what your posting seems to imply to myself. We all know you are the man when it comes to Roman history or anything related it seems, don't take my opnions so personally.

P.S.-Xen you wouldn't happen to be a history teacher would you? If not then you should try to be. You're very persistant. ;)

@Kinboat: sorry for starting another argument. I'll drop it.

Originally posted by Xen

any questions in paticuler?
Please Xen, for your own good.. drop it.
You know a great deal about Rome to be sure, but you apparently have big gaps in your knowledge about other things.. so stop embarassing yourself. :(

Oh, and Kinboat.. excellent unit! Its just supreme. :goodjob:

This is going to be a really nice unit for my mod. I can't wait.

Top Bottom