1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Unit Preview: Legionary

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Kinboat, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Mithadan

Mithadan Wandering Woodsman

Gee, Xen, if I could make sense of gibberish, maybe I could respond to your response here. It appears that your superiors will have to teach you to write before they even get started on your rhetorical skills. Cheers. We love you.

Kinboat, the animations look sweet, man. The worker animation is icing on the cake!

P.S. If this thread doesn't put you off unit creation altogether, maybe we can convince you to do a non-Roman unit next time, to avoid a similar debacle...? ;)

2. Xen

Xen Magister

@tjedge1- fair enough, sorry for psudeo-insulting you , but I'm not one to give up. particurlaey when I've bene offended (I thougth that yours were attacks agains me)

@superunknown- if by that you mean my rampant typos, I dont really care about them, most people dont, and the only reson people ever bring them up in arguments is when they have laost all other cannon to try and rebuff me with, and so have to stoop as low as to try to undermine me that way, the major posters, and the moderrators dont seem to mind it, and in fact there are rules against spelling police...

that said, as I said before, if ther eis somthign that needs clearing up regarde history, or a question put out there, and I knwo the answer, i;m going to post- I'm also going to post to defend myself if needed, as attacks against me here are just as bad as one in real life IMO

@Mithadan- you dont have to resort to insluting my typos, listin, I dont care how much you may not like me, but I've explained my actions, and have tries to aplogize for them, if that not enough for you, then nothing will be, and I;m just waisting my time, I'vce said what I indend to do, and I intend to do it

@AUGUSTUSAM- all said, its like this- in the 400's the Reminder of Roman troops, most of which had been pulle dout already to gvie thier full support to the candidate they wanted as emperor, wer epulled out, and Rome literrally told Britain to fend for itself, creating a new, indipendent Roman state, now, most of this Roman state, dispite passing into Britains lore, such as the late Roman general Ambrosius Aurleianus being the basis for the King Arthur epic, lost a great deal of territory to invader from Germany and Denmark, the Angles, and Saxons, and were oushed back into wales, and southern scotland, of which Wales was never conqoured by force,thius preserving the ties to the old Roman state, but rather by joining into a political union with Britain to help form the UK- by that time, similer to How Byzantium had used some ROman culture, and some of the origional culture of Greece, wales was for mostr of the time a semi-ROman, primirilly celtic state, but the political bond cant be denied- however, I'm still investigateing the full extent of all this in what time I devote to it (not much really) so dont be surprised if I eventualyl find somthing that may proove me wrong in some way, but for now, looking at the subject as in depth as I have (more then most people yes, but hardley what I would call extenisvlly) it looks very promising tyhat wales, and perhaps all britian, and its colonies can trace a political (and cultural) heritage to Rome...

3. Xen

Xen Magister

and I'm sorry as well kal-El, ut for what its worth, one can note that I have been repsonfding to arguments made against me that cause this argument, and if people would just accept that I want to, and will contribute my opinions, and ideas I think we could avoid all this in the future

4. Tathlum

Tathlum Gallowglacht

Any Idea of an ETA for this beautifull unit?? I keep making up reasons why I have to visit this site, to check if its done. This is my 5/6th visit today....

Not go get all Zulu and all, how about the next time a thread gets into discussions like this people start a new thread in History to discuss Roman helmet crests or Welsh links to Rome and save the thread for suggestions and encouragement to Kinboat?

5. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Xen wrote

Spoken like a true despot.;) As i do not think people want to accept your ideas and opinions just because you support them.:D

I think i will keep inline with my opinions and fight despots. :p

Cheers Thorgrimm

6. Mithadan

Xen, it's not that I don't like you, it's that I don't like your lack of manners. The way you carry yourself attracts 'argument' like blasphemy does thunderbolts. Yes, your detractors (myself included) would do well to never respond to your audacious spiels, but then, you would do equally well to cultivate a better comportment. The blame for this god-awful thread is double-sided.

That being said, I honestly cannot make out what you were trying to communicate to me in the aforequoted missive, simply because it was not readable. I was not resorting to ad hominem due to a lack of rebuttal-fodder. For the record, you may notice a fair bit of ad hominem in your own replies, if you take a second glance.

7. superunknown

superunknown Fake Plastic Head

No xen, I was not referring to your typos, even if they are very annoying.
    I was referring to the fact that you are embarassing yourself by claiming to be an authority on roman history.. you may become an authority one day, but in the mean time, try to be humble.
    I know its hard to be humble at 17.. but you can try.

8. Xen

Xen Magister

@Thorgrimm- one might remember that it was only through achain of despots that Athens changes from oligarchy to Democracy :p

that said, no, not like a despot, more like a tenacios young proconsul with a penchant for victory :p

@Mithadan- fair enough, I'll work on my manners, and my spelling, just as long as you agree to try to see things from my point of veiw every once in awhile

@superunknown- I necver claimed I was an authority on Roman history, though that said said, i think a while back I said that I could back up my claims- and I can- its a very rare day when you'll me say somthign I cant back up, and and thus far, it has happend only twice, once in regardfs to Alexander, and once in regards to ancient China, but not in regards to Rome ;), I'm not an authority on Rome yet, but that dosent stop the fact that I can support my opinions with cold, hard fact in allmost all cases, if I offend people in debate,. then I'm sorry- but I tend to make seizing the initiative a primary goal in many things in life, and this is just one of them- I find it makes debateing much easyer in the end for me, though perhaps, for this sub-forum, I will make an exception

9. thestonesfan

thestonesfan A Client of Ron Kuby

I wish a mod would take a chainsaw to this thread and cut out approximately 10 pages of crap.

10. Mithadan

Absoulely. You'll note I haven't actually disputed your front-to-back crest data, merely the way it's been presented. Cudos on your spelling in this last post, although you could have worked on your rhetorical posture in your replies to Thorgrimm and superunknown.

Pax (obviously I speak no Latin whatsoever),

Mithadan

EDIT:
    Yes, that would be nice. Although, there has been a bit of learning going on -- some in the area of Roman history and sources thereof, some in how to go about debating that...all is not lost, I guess. :rolleyes:

11. Kinboat

Kinboat Conan the Librarian

The spelling and grammer does bother some of us... mostly because it makes some posts difficult to understand.

No real clue on an ETA. I's say I have almost half the animations done and I don't really have time to work on it the rest of this week... Next weekend at the earliest. I'm not yet as fast as Aaglo is :D

12. tjedge1

tjedge1 Writer of writerly things

Maybe not as fast, but I would say as good at least. :)

13. Tathlum

Tathlum Gallowglacht

No rush.
    Thanks for the answer. At least it releases me from CivFanatics for long enough to eat;)

Can't remember being this excited waiting for any other unit...
    Looks great...

14. Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm Senior Elder

Kinboat, i can wait as long as you need! because it is that good!:goodjob:

Cheers Thorgrimm

15. Unexisted

Unexisted Nomadic

Magnificent Kinboat!

Since he can do every action; why not direct a country. ;)

16. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

Jawdropping....that's it I'm naming my first born Kinboat :)

17. Corn Shucker

Corn Shucker Great Khorn

Wow... stunning :) lol that is VERY nice!!! lol. Yes that does answer my question! but now I have another :) Does all the sudden the armor appear on the ground and he starts working, or does it actully fit together? I'm sure it would be great either way but that would be AWSOME is it fit together! Just wondering, but WOW!!!! that is AMAZING! :goodjob:!!!!!!

18. aaglo

aaglo Furioso!

BAH!
    My entire collection looks pityful compared to this. :worship:

19. tjedge1

tjedge1 Writer of writerly things

@Unexisted: I s that a new leaderhead your making? I would love to use it as Lord Kinboat! Maybe make him king of Thyatis.

All Hail King Kinboat! :worship::worship::worship: :king:

20. Gogf

Gogf Indescribable

AND we get an unexisted leaderhead! Okay, I may need to make a Romans scenario!