Unit production won't finish at 1 turn

civ4fanatic2

Chieftain
Hi all,

I'm having an issue where cities won't finish producing units - e.g., on the save (I'm playing on a Large Earth Map) many of my cities are 1 turn away from finishing a unit, but will not do so on the following turn (or any subsequent one), but perpetually have 1 turn remaining. So my city Kituwa (in central America) will continuously build an Aegis cruiser, unless I go and set it to build a city improvement - at which time, it will resume prompting me for my next choices in the production queue. But building units seems to return production to this limbo state.

This seems to happen in any and all cities with 1 turn remaining on a unit build. Can anyone identify what is going on here, or what setting I might have changed?

Many thanks for any insights

Attachments

• Sitting Bull AD-2165-Fall Turn 1472.CivBeyondSwordSave
    8.6 MB · Views: 50
What version are you playing on?
SVN; what revision?
ModDB release?

Try hitting ctrl+t for game state recalculation

Playing on BtS w/ Buffy 3.19.005 on Steam

I have Tortoise SVN, revision 11342, afaik - I believe this is working through my local folders? I am not savvy about SVNs (sorry about that).

C2C version is 41.2.

Ctrl + T seems only to be able to toggle grid

Last edited:
Ctrl + shift + t has certainly done... something. The game is unresponsive as of this moment, but I am trying to wait it out to see results. EDIT: this shortcut seems to have made my military ratio with all other civs drop to 0. Still, the issue of production limbo persists.

I am using BUG (not sure if this necessarily count as a mod?). At the main menu, it does say 'Caveman2Cosmos' in the upper-right corner (my mistake, I have Buffy among my mods, but not working with C2C, afaik). But I've gotten 73.7% far into the game thus far without this issue of production limbo in cities, so I'm scratching my head

Last edited:
Buffy and Bug are mods and they are blended in as much as they can be with C2C without trying to install them over C2C, which will only work to create bugs we cannot support debugging.

Buffy and Bug are mods and they are blended in as much as they can be with C2C without trying to install them over C2C, which will only work to create bugs we cannot support debugging.

Oops, I did not realize there were those kind of issues with other mods (I've read much of the rest of the player's guide, but clearly missed that). I'll see if unloading those mods and taking it back some turns doesn't solve it.

Oops, I did not realize there were those kind of issues with other mods (I've read much of the rest of the player's guide, but clearly missed that). I'll see if unloading those mods and taking it back some turns doesn't solve it.
Don't unload - just re-install C2C with a clean re-installation.

Don't unload - just re-install C2C with a clean re-installation.
Depends, if he installed BUG or Buffy directly into vanilla folders, that could cause issues for mods in the mods folder.
C2C works best on a pristine/clean civ4 BtS install, having multiple mods in the mods folder is not a problem for C2C though, as only one mod can be loaded at any one time.

Depends, if he installed BUG or Buffy directly into vanilla folders, that could cause issues for mods in the mods folder.
C2C works best on a pristine/clean civ4 BtS install, having multiple mods in the mods folder is not a problem for C2C though, as only one mod can be loaded at any one time.

So I've done (what seemed to be) a clean reinstall of BtS, and starting a game from the main menu, it seems to be clear any of the UI elements from Buffy and BUG.

However, on loading C2C and starting a game from that, the UI elements from BUG return. No sign of Buffy in either BtS or C2C, but I'm at a loss how to get rid of BUG.

As to the original issue of production limbo, for whatever reason, it persists.

C2C has a built in BUG.

I think something is really wrong with your save though, I can't play it at all and there's so many things that are weird with it that I don't know how to diagnose it.

Did you update SVN a lot between starting that game and reaching the point where you uploaded a save here?
Did you use World Builder on this save at some point?

So I've reinstalled civ4 BtS, and starting a game from the main menu, it seems to be clear any of the UI elements from Buffy and BUG.

However, on loading C2C and starting a game from that, the UI elements from BUG return. No sign of Buffy in either BtS or C2C, but I'm at a loss how to get rid of BUG.

As to the original issue of production limbo, for whatever reason, it persists.
BUG is part of mod.

C2C has a built in BUG.

I think something is really wrong with your save though, I can't play it at all and there's so many things that are weird with it that I don't know how to diagnose it.

Did you update SVN a lot between starting that game and reaching the point where you uploaded a save here?
Did you use World Builder on this save at some point?

That's good about BUG, at least.

That's really peculiar. I'm able to load the game without other issues (afaik), but the production limbo persists. In fact, I updated SVN only after it was mentioned here, nor did I ever even open World Builder. I'm not sure how it's seemingly become so much more corrupted after being uploaded here :crazyeye:

I can load the save, but ending turn is infinite, and there's a lot of weirdness, I'll use your save to investigate some possible bugs, but you may have hit some integer overflow issue at some point in this game.

I think the save is roast.

I can load the save, but ending turn is infinite, and there's a lot of weirdness, I'll use your save to investigate some possible bugs, but you may have hit some integer overflow issue at some point in this game.

I think the save is roast.

I had a feeling something had gone really deeply wrong in that save, :twitch::hammer2: lol. Thank you for all your help, up to this point, in any case - at the very least, I learned something about C2C, and will hopefully have better luck with my next game, after a clean re-install, etc.

Top Bottom