Unit reference names

SnakeRavenCat

Chieftain
I'm sure this exists somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm in need of a reference sheet for unit and tech names that can be used with these columns.

<FreeUnit></FreeUnit>
<FreeUnitPrereqTech></FreeUnitPrereqTech>

All I'm trying to do right now is give my new civ a free settler after completing sailing, so those are the only things I need, but I'd like to have a more comprehensive list for these sorts of things in the future.

The best way is to open the game's working data set (%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ cache\Civ5DebugDatabase.db) with a SQLite browser (e.g., SQLiteStudio).

You could also look through the program files under "Sid Meier's Civilization V \ Assets \ Gameplay \ XML \ Units". You can open the CIV5Units.xml file in Notepad+ or something similar to look through all the available ones.

There's more in the Assets\DLC branch of folders too if you have the expansions.

The best way is to open the game's working data set (%userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ cache\Civ5DebugDatabase.db) with a SQLite browser (e.g., SQLiteStudio).
Thanks for the tip, that's been working great. I ended up making several "cheat sheets" off of this, so if anyone is interested in some plain text reference sheets, let me know.

Top Bottom