Unit Request: Country Volunteer

Licinio

Warlord
In the Paraguay's War(1864-70), after the agression of Paraguay against Brazil, an empire at the time, accepted Volunteers to go to war. But this men acctualy became excelent soldiers through the years of war, thanks to many battles and terrible site. So I wanted to make a Unic Unit for a civilization, Brazil: The Country Volunteer . It would have as ADM: 6.6.1, would cost 90 shields and replace the Rifleman( It would be a useful Guerrilha, and would make the Nationalism Tech truly important.)
I don't need help to make the unit anymore, so, a preview is below:

There is the image:

This looks easy, and I fancy a bit of a change. :)

Tell you what Licinio....if no-one else volunteers, then I'll do it.
Give me about 3 hours..... :D

(Mind you, I don't really like the name. Can't we think of something better? It doesn't sound quite right in English.)

I'm not sure if you can post such a simple modification. Although, for such a little change, the unit does look different.

To big... maybe Brazilian Volunteer? Or Brazilian Infantary? But it would lose the unit's Identity.
And before that, I need an unit before any changes in the name.

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
I'm not sure if you can post such a simple modification. Although, for such a little change, the unit does look different.

Damn! And I just spent several hours on this:- :crazyeye:

But you are quite right Louis....we are not supposed to post Conquests units unless they have been HEAVILY modified.

Very well then. How about doing the opposite.
What if I take the standard Civ3 Rifleman, give him thinner white trousers, and add a backpack plus coat-tails :)
It will take a little longer, but would end up looking the same.

As for names, "National Volunteer" or "Patriotic Volunteer" sounds good....but as I just replied in a PM to Licinio, why do we have to Anglicise the name?
Why not call it a "Voluntário da Pátria" unit. :)
After all, that is what they called themselves, and they should know.

An excellent suggestion MarineCorps. :goodjob:

Alternatively, there is Dark Sheer's Musket Infantry:-
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=480921#post480921
....although this lacks a backpack.

Changing the head of either of these player created units would avoid any copyright complications, and would certainly make my job easier! :lol:
Still, it is up to Licinio to decide which is closest to what is required.

So Licinio, what do you think? :)

OK... to say the truth? The unit that most looks like the Volunteer is the one made by Kryten. The others on those threads doenst look like and doesnt look well either.

What Kryten will do is take one of those units, and add a Rifleman's cap. He would do this because he can't take C3C's Napoleonic Infantry, add a cap, and release it to the public.

If people could, I would be asking for a Medieval Infantry with a sword, or an Enkidu Warrior that stabs with a spear.

Louis: I've already seen at least a Spear Immortal arround these forums, and an Immortal head on a Guerrilla's body... It depends much on one's own definition of "heavy modification". Someone should ask Firaxis on that...

Licinio: Already replied your message. Fiz o Poder Moderador já. :)

Originally posted by Straczynski
Louis: I've already seen at least a Spear Immortal arround these forums, and an Immortal head on a Guerrilla's body... It depends much on one's own definition of "heavy modification". Someone should ask Firaxis on that...

the "ban" only applies to the units out with the latest expansion pack- in other words, Kryten is free to mod anh of the units that cam eout with the origional Civ3, ot the first expansion, PTW, but he cant really touch the C3C units yet

Xen is almost right: NO unit that is on the C3C disk can be posted unless it is so heavily modified that it is unrecognisable from the original. Some of the 'extra' units that were on the previous PTW expansion never made it onto the C3C disk, and Firaxis/Atari have given us permission to post these, as indeed LouLong has done in the Units Forum under the title of "PTW non C3C extra units". But ONLY these 'missing' extra PTW units.
I say again: NO unit that is on the C3C disk can be posted.

Originally posted by Tavis/Jesse Smith
Modders:

Our stance with this issue is the same as it was with PTW. The extras units are a unique case since we had hoped to include them on the Conquests CD but did not have the room. If the modded units you create are unique and very, very different, good. If they resemble one of the C3C new units (Conquest-specific or otherwise), please don't.

Jesse Smith
Producer, C3C: Firaxis Games

....and here is the thread explaining all this:-
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?postid=1389403#post1389403

So, what you folks think of this unit? A friend of mine is doing it, the time I launch it with my MOD, there will be time enough to Firaxis liberate the unit.

Attachments

• voluntariosdapatriaattack.gif
    voluntariosdapatriaattack.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 121
I think it looks excellent! :goodjob:

Do please tell your friend to continue. :)
(As there is no point in two of us working on the same unit, I won't bother continuing with my feeble efforts, but will instead return to wading through my long, long list of promised ancient units. :D )

It is OK Kryten and he will do "black slave worker" Unit too. That way, the MOD will have trully your own unique units!!!
Later I'll post a preview of the MOD and a solo preview of Brazil as as civilization.
Thank you all!!!

Top Bottom