Unit Request: DD(X) Future Stealth Destroyer.

Futuristic battleship? All for it, as long as it fires futuristic weapons.:D

A) This is not a BB. Not even close.

B) This ship is supposed to be launched in 2012, assuming that congress doesn't outright cancel it or reduce the funding again:sad:,so futuristic weapons are not going to happen.

B) This ship is supposed to be launched in 2012, assuming that congress doesn't outright cancel it or reduce the funding again:sad:,so futuristic weapons are not going to happen.

As soon as it would have otherwise.

SoG good call. I see these on tele but not anytime durin civ? How strange C'mon Lets get crackin!

You can blame the Democrats for that one...:mad:

We would surely get this great unit if it weren't for the icky democrats.

You can blame the Democrats for that one...:mad:

We would surely get this great unit if it weren't for the icky democrats.

If only you had your facts straight.

A) The Pentagon in 2005 recommended that the DD(X) project be canceled. Congress instead decided to decrease the funding and reduce the number of ships down to seven.

B) The republicans had the majority in Congress in 2005.

C) Congress is not a fan of this project. Maine with its Bath Iron Works (blue state) and Mississippi with its Ingalls Shipyard (red state) will be the builders of the DD(X). But at the moment it is in the same development hell it has been since the start. I'm sure that the DD(X), DD-21, etc will go no where. Till the Navy figures out what it's next gen ship will be they will probably continue with the Flight life extension program

It's not that I thought that was a fact, it was sarcasm, cuz lately, we blame the democrats for "everything," just as they blame the republicans for "everything" and also because we hate that they have the majority right now...

Who's "we"? Perhaps Congress just thinks there are more important things to do with people's money than buy big shiny toys. Now enough of the US politics, please, or take it to Off Topic.

And of course people can start threads to request units as well as using the Unit Request Thread. It doesn't necessarily mean they're any more likely to get made, of course...

Oh damn, we aren't gonna get new and inventive ways of killing each other...this will never do. . .no..never do. . .

Well since Civ4 already has this ship built in with the lastest expansion I thought it was only fair we get it with Civ3. Please someone take the request!

IIRC this is at least the 2nd thread/request for a DD(X) ... not to mention my own MANY requests for its cousin the long-since cancelled Arsenal Ship ... (yeah, mea culpa, a brief threadjack) ...

-Oz

As to futuristic weapons - I think this ship could easily accomodate an adaptation of the laser system my brother helped develop. Many "failed" tests are disinfotainment by the way. Imagine punching waterline holes in any ship within LOS.

As to futuristic weapons - I think this ship could easily accomodate an adaptation of the laser system my brother helped develop. Many "failed" tests are disinfotainment by the way. Imagine punching waterline holes in any ship within LOS.

Latest I heard on the US laser program was a laser that needed a lot of juice and around a minute of continuous focus to blow up a hand grenade. Now laser travel in a straight line which make it unusable for anything other then direct fire no indirect fire support, which would make the Marine Corps very unhappy and end any usefulness this ship might have.

@ozzy: :lol: Poor ozzy. I'm sure you will get your ship someday.

Top Bottom