Unit request: V-100/150/M706 armored vehicle

Iron Beagle

Designated Marksman
There's one category of post WW2 armored vehicles that seems to be neglected: civilian police or security units. These would be useful for all the people who are doing urban or guerrilla warfare mods.

Here are the various incarnations of the V-100, a popular APC used by the US military in the 1960's and 70's. The Los Angeles Police have two of these vehicles for their SWAT team. I think one of these with police markings would be a great addition to the Civ motor pool. Of course the police version should lack the gun turret on top.

A battering ram mounted to the front and tear gas canisters on the sides would really be great.

Your Right even the Balancer dosn't have the exact model your looking for!

Found this thought: Infantry Combat Vehicle

Sorta like the Russian equalvent to what you need, but more armoured for heavy fighting. I like you idea for riot gear attached to the street model you pictured. That would look good :goodjob:

In a pinch, you can always use either Ripptide's or Kingpin's Sdkfz222 (4 wheeled, open turret, German WW2 scout car); Doncov made a BRDM which might do; also - although on a bit heavier side - Wyrmshadow made a Pirana 6x6.

-Oz

I have a model.

HiWyrmshadow did you make that beaut I posted from the Balancer?.(sorry no creds on page) Your on the credits a few times in a memo and Pedia general statement, but it didn't say on that page I copied from the Pedia. I AM currently playing Stephs mod. HIs UNits follow a format telling who made exactly what.(very cool)

Its like a guided art tour with exbits representing every age it includes many of your earlier works (I think) I like seeing the earlier work from the PtW days even if some horses look like mutabnts besides others.
I brought his up cause I forgot thats another great resource for a possible candidate (STephs mod) Mybe Ill check that when I play tonight.

EDIT: searched 'Steph's mod' over 500 units and nothing matching your specs, Ouch!

Anyways,Wyrm I'm in the midst of one of those rambles, but just wanted to know how much of you work was displayed on that fine exibit (the Bal Reload) and also how much into STephs? of the two witch did you end up playing? (aprox of course)

If you fell the desire to respond it would be appreciated. For Im a great collector of your works.,but still haven't got to play a SOE game yet!!

@Beagle, just like all the modern tank models, this too will some day be made as well. But its got a lot of aircraft and ships ahead of it.

@Jones, I don't play civ, no time. I just creat. I recently dl'ed TBX and I was not too pleasantly surprised to see some of my SOEv5 things in there. Kingpin appearantly liked to pick and choose some of my things. Although I DID give Steph a few of my french units for his uses, but most of what he has are my old things.

wyrmshadow, got a guess on time? You saying you got alotta junk to make first is like most people saying they got 1 unit to finish first. We gonna see this this year or next?

wyrmshadow, got a guess on time? You saying you got alotta junk to make first is like most people saying they got 1 unit to finish first. We gonna see this this year or next?

That's a lot of attitude from a noob. I said what I said.

That's a lot of attitude from a noob. I said what I said.

ah gee youre right and now I feel all bad and stuff. Cus you know the value of a post really goes up if you got a lot of post before it. Oh wait, no it doesn't.
Can you say something else mean? Please.

ah gee youre right and now I feel all bad and stuff. Cus you know the value of a post really goes up if you got a lot of post before it. Oh wait, no it doesn't.
Can you say something else mean? Please.

How about this:

"Iron Beagle can now personally thank you for putting the V100 armored car at the back of the line."

Satisfied?

How about this:

"Iron Beagle can now personally thank you for putting the V100 armored car at the back of the line."

Satisfied?

oh man, it is funnier when you try to be mean to me. But, if this is the best you got then i suppose it will have to do. but before you go and punish beagle you should read back and see if i ever asked u for this. maybe u just got played.

the thud, take a chillpill and try to be a little grateful. The artists that make stuff for us do not get paid to put up with grief.

Wyrmshadow
Ya I remember when someone else first realized that :eek: :)

Its weird cuz he was shot down for protecting his intellecual property a while back on a teleport topic:confused:. So, ya think he would the last to do that. bah, If its any condolence He prints your name a few times. Come to think of it, thats how I came to hear of your work and follow SOE, so good publicity is all it adds up to.

For me it would be a honouor to have my sh#t displayed with the likes of a showcase lineup like that. Look who you sharing space with. He went out of way to get Ripptides Mechs it seems, why he never felt the urge to approach you for equalling important tanks and stuff I guess we'll never know. They do add a nice touch though!, especially that set of Shermans. The Firefly rendering blew me away without a shot

Wyrm, everyone, just ignore The Thud; I just did a search of all his posts, and 75-80% are trolls, flames and generally rude.

The Thud is hereby declared a n00b among n00bs, and shall be added to everyone's ignore list for all eternity.....

Top Bottom