Unit Request

Wonderblunder

Part Time Monster in the Closet
Can someone make these French units?Also,maybe people could request units here.

I would like the Treasure unit without the chest with gold.
A small, slow and cheap transport unit.

I could use some feature graphics.

Light Jungle.
Japanese Dogwoods.
Mixed Bamboo/Tree Forest.
Sparse Bamboo stands and Heavy Bamboo stands.

If anyone felt so inclined 8)

Are you sure noone has made a regular Civ mod with some of these features? I seem to remember seeing bamboo in a Civ mod, but I might be mistaken.

charle88 - Are you sure that you need exactly the soldiers of Indian wars time? It may be better from latest period - something like that ? uf_10b.jpg

I'm planning on making a scenario of the French and Indian War.Then maybe one on the American Revolution.

charle88

I'll try to help you. Probably in saturday french soldier will be ready.

So... To you, was not boring - here you have 2 unit for the scenario - enemies: 48 Regiment (expedition Bradley) and 50 Regiment (Osuigo). If you have any suggestions, then write them now, because the evening I have download skins.
RevWar.JPG

So... To you, was not boring - here you have 2 unit for the scenario - enemies: 48 Regiment (expedition Bradley) and 50 Regiment (Osuigo). If you have any suggestions, then write them now, because the evening I have download skins.
View attachment 194142

Great job Oleg153!They look great!I can't wait to use these for my scenario!:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

EDIT:Can you include a kfm file with these units?

charle88

I am here a little carried away (now finish the skin of British artilleryman) and want to load all the kit later. If you have a rush - I can send you ready skins to Email.

Btw - you need skin on the soldier "Campagnies franches de la Marin"?

About kfm file - I use standard Veteran_Musketman.kfm without any changes.

charle88
Btw - you need skin on the soldier "Campagnies franches de la Marin"?

Sure.:)

Also,during the French and Indian War,Spain controlled Florida.I'm not sure what the Spansih uniform was at the time,but here's a pic of a reenactment in Texas showing Spanish soldiers from the time of the French and Indian War.Florida's uniform could've been different,though.

EDIT:Are you going to release the units after you complete all of them?Also,I have another request,could you make some British and French Grenadiers and maybe royal soldiers(For the king)?

Hello Oleg153! Nice work!
Actually I want to use some user-made units in the civ4 database, but often meet the problem that, the whole unit is rendered as team color.
Not every unit behave like this. The units using _fx named nif file would perform better. But some other units I like dont provide such nif, what a disappointment.
I think there maybe some 3d proceeding difference between c4 and col, can you have a look into this? Thanks.:)

younflancy

If we are talking about one and the same, the 3D is nothing to do with it. In the DDS file (skin) you can find patterns in "magenta" colors - in the game these places will be in team color.

5 Units released.

Try to explain you new request - what is a main idea ? What is the scenario ? Why exactly grenadiers ?

About Spanish uniform - see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Pensacola_(1781)

Thanks,about the Grenadiers,I just thought they would be a nice "Shock Trooper" for the armies that would appear later on in the game.Also,could you make some cavalry units?

EDIT:For the Cannon unit,can you include the cannon model,so I cold apply the texture onto the unit?For some reason the units files in my Civ4 Colonization game don't exist,so I can't find a cannon model to put the texture on.Also,could you make a French cannon?

younflancy

If we are talking about one and the same, the 3D is nothing to do with it. In the DDS file (skin) you can find patterns in "magenta" colors - in the game these places will be in team color.

I guess it's not the problem of the dds file. I checked the dds' alpha channel, it's all right.
The units can be shown well in Civ4, but in col they were totally team colored.
Sometimes a unit's head is right, but the body is bad, and the horse is right. Seemingly the render of these parts are not well.

Top Bottom