USnF_Icon-Small.png

USnF_Banner-900.png

Download Here (v 12)
Download USnF support for VP custom civs
---------------------------------------------------------------------
GitHub repository
(for tracking changes and stuff)

This mod affects the visual scale and formation of units in gameplay.​

Inspired by R.E.D. Modpack by Gedemon, but without ethnic diversity unit model overhaul. Also Reduced Unit Graphics and Single Unit Graphics by Nutty.​
This version is made specifically for Vox Populi. I could make it able to work on only base Civ V because the setup process can detect units that are in the game database.​

Currently, there are 3 types of scaling you can choose:​

Also, it has support for additional units from other mods:​

You can choose which type of scaling you want by editing the USnF-CONFIG.sql file.​
You can also activate additional mod feature options that by editing the USnF-VP_CONFIG.sql file.​
Each unit domain has its own scaling option, so you can have giant-sized Land units with Single Unit Graphics, moderate-sized Sea units with Reduced Unit Graphics, and small-sized Air units with R.E.D. scaling.​

Spoiler Hidden features :
1. You can also adjust aircraft animation speed by editing the option on the USnF-CONFIG.sql file.
There are:​
  • Normal speed
  • 1.5x speed
  • 2x speed
  • 3x speed
  • Adjusted R.E.D. Speed
2. Use Explorer model from Scramble to Africa scenario for Commando
VP uses a new Commando unit model which came from a mod.​
And Civ V has its own existing Explorer unit model that came from Scramble to Africa scenario.​
Note: The model have a floating shovel shadow above it.​

3. Option to fix duplicated ship model usage.
Basically, EEVP's Galleon and Spain's 4UC use the same model, which bothers me.​
Also, the model of base game Privateer (now Corvette) has been replaced by VP with a new model, and that model is left unused. And with EEVP, Corvette model has been changed to another new model.​
So, the solution to fix the duplicated ship model usage is to:​
  • Revert the Corvette model back to the good ol' Privateer model
  • Change EEVP's Galleon model to EEVP's new Corvette model
You can enable these two through USnF-VP_CONFIG.sql file.

Should be saved game compatible since it's only a visual mod.​

Spoiler Ancient Era units :

Scaling example for Ancient Era units.

Spoiler Classical Era units :

Scaling example for Classical Era units.

Spoiler Medieval Era units :

Scaling example for Medieval Era units.

Spoiler Renaissance Era units :

Scaling example for Renaissance Era units.

Spoiler Industrial Era units :

Scaling example for Industrial Era units.

Spoiler Modern Era units :

Scaling example for Modern Era units.

Spoiler Atomic Era units :

Scaling example for Atomic Era units.

Spoiler Information Era units :

Scaling example for Information Era units.

Special thanks to:​
Spoiler :

Last edited:
I know there is Ethnic Diversity mod that changes the model of a unit, like Dolen2's Ethnic Diversity.
I kinda want to make that mod to be able to work with this, since Nutty hasn't implemented his own scaling mechanism on that mod. But that mod is a bloated mess and memory hog, and it needs to be minimized.

But that's a task for later me since this mod alone is already a debugging mess for me.

Looks pretty amazing!

Would I still be able to use this if I use custom civs (such as the G&H ones for VP)?
Like I don't even need the scalings for those civs. I'll be happy if I can use the scalings for default+4UC+ENW units, with no changes for custom civs, as long as it doesn't break the game in any way.

Yes, you could. But the scaling won't apply since it's a per-unit scaling.
I need to add the values of those additional units first, and that's an easy thing. If you're familiar with SQL, you could probably add it yourself.

I designed this mod this way in the first place so I can add things easily into it without breaking other stuff.

I know there is Ethnic Diversity mod that changes the model of a unit, like Dolen2's Ethnic Diversity.
I kinda want to make that mod to be able to work with this, since Nutty hasn't implemented his own scaling mechanism on that mod. But that mod is a bloated mess and memory hog, and it needs to be minimized.

But that's a task for later me since this mod alone is already a debugging mess for me.
I eagerly but patiently await the day this happens.

Last edited:
New update just went online and more support for custom civs just added.
Just a minor bug fix and added scaling multiplier to the process, which you can set the value yourself.

Added a few more USnF support for custom civilizations for these mods:

Could you please explain to someone with limited brain capacity like myself what does the scaling multiplier do exactly? I'd assume that it's possible to make units smaller / bigger with this.

Last edited:
Could you please explain to someone with limited brain capacity like myself what does the scaling multiplier do exactly? I'd assume that it's possible to make units smaller / bigger with this.
It's only for those who feel the unit is small (or big)
Values are straightforward, it's just the Scale * Multiplier (example: 0.09 (R.E.D. scale) * 1.2 = 0.108)

If you think the Single Unit Graphics scaling is too big (because I made ships so big with this scaling), then you can use this multiplier to make it small.

Last edited:
It's only for those who feel the unit is small (or big)
Values are straightforward, it's just the Scale * Multiplier (example: 0.09 (R.E.D. scale) * 1.2 = 0.108)

If you think the Single Unit Graphics scaling is too big (because I made ships so big with this scaling), then you can use this multiplier to make it small.

So is it possible to create ultra-tiny ant-sized soldiers with let's say 0.01 value given, or is there a limitation? (not that I really want to, just curious :D )

And if yes, would that increase the number of units as well?

Last edited:
So is it possible to create ultra-tiny ant-sized soldiers with let's say 0.01 value given, or is there a limitation? (not that I really want to, just curious :D )

And if yes, would that increase the number of units as well?
I already set each unit its own scaling value for each profile (RED, RUG, SUG), and the multiplier only affects those values.
I don't know about the minimum scaling limitation because I haven't tested it to an extremely tiny scale. But you can do giant scale because I accidentally set a unit to have a big value while testing this mod.

For the number of units, at first, I want to implement the same multiplier thing.
While most units only have 1 model, some units have multiple model variants and they work differently than units with only one model. So I canceled the feature.
Example:​
Composite Bowman only has 1 model, so I set the NumMembers value to 19:​
Spoiler :
1662812073249.png
But Archer has 3 model variants, and I want to make it diverse and unique in the formation. So I put it like this:​
Spoiler :
1662812202068.png

So multiplier for NumMembers isn't going to work properly across all units, and you probably better just go edit the value yourself. The files are easily editable to your liking.​
Spoiler You can experiment to your liking :
1662812890180.png

Minor update.

Unit Scaling and Formation (v 6.1):
  • Adjusted some of the units formation and NumMembers to look proper in gameplay.
  • Added more formation types (which I already put to some units.)
  • Units that have multiple model variants (such as Explorer, Free Company, Bandeirantes, and Landsknecht) now have a proper formation and don't look random.
  • Added more members to Great Person units for R.E.D. scale. From previously only 3 members, now have 5 members.
USnF for Custom Civilizations (v 2.1):
  • Fixed a bug for Corsica units with RUG and SUG scale
  • Adjusted some of the units formation and NumMembers to look proper in gameplay
  • Units that have multiple model variants (such as Scotland's Schiltron, Ainu's Matagi, and Corsica's Macchieri) now have a proper formation and don't look random.
  • Some units use new formation types, so you have to use the updated version of USnF.

Top Bottom