unit stack/unit selection difficulties

el toro loco

Warlord
i haven't played this game in a long time. recently downloaded it again. i'm not sure if this is or bug of if i accidentally hit some game play mechanic that is screwing up my stack/unit selection.

when i go to any square with multiple unit stacks, the computer automatically selects them all. if i try to select just one unit in stack, it unselects that unit. trying to use control,alt, shift, etc... to select units doesn't seem to work any more. i have used the ungroup tab with no success.

i basically have to move the whole unit as one or unselect them all individually and then play them in their slotted turn.

this is the better bat a.i. 2.0

It's hard to say exactly what's going on, but I can describe how things work for me.

If I have Alt held down when I click on a unit in a square with multiple units, all units will get selected.

The same is true if I have Ctrl held down.

The same is true if I double click on the unit.

Those units will remain grouped together.

So, let's say that my keyboard got stuck with the Alt key pressed down, I loaded the game, and then I selected several stacks of units. Then, I fixed the stuck Alt key. However, in my game, the stacks of units which I had grouped together by accident will remain grouped together until I manually ungroup them, since the game assumed that I had intentionally grouped those units.

There is a "Separates the Group" button at the end of the list of actions when multiple units are selected. Pressing that button may help with ungrouping the accidentally-already-grouped units.

But, if, for example, you have a habit of double-clicking whenever you select a unit, you'll be re-grouping those units again every time that you select them. It's possible that someone changed the Windows settings for your Mouse (check in your Windows' Control Panel under the Mouse entry)--there are plenty of different software options for different computer mice, so it's hard to say if any of the options there could be at fault, but it can't hurt to look through the options that are available.

thxs for your reply. i don't think its the things you are suggesting. i have tried new games and used world builder to start from fresh trying to select units and have run into same problem. and all my other games included unmoded civ work fine with my mouse.

i thought it might have some something to do with better bat options..

i guess i will try to download it again or go to bug if that doesn't work.

Top Bottom