Unit XP Question

marstinson

Chieftain
Ran into an oddity and thought I'd bounce it off of those with a lot more experience with Civ 5. For some strange reason, units stopped picking up experience from trashing Barbarians (game was set to Raging Barbarians). I'd pick up the culture points very consistently, but the XPs were a no-show after a while. I noticed this especially with naval units (uncounted triremes sunk with absolutely zero XPs for them) and other ranged units (archers and crossbowmen). Is this how it is supposed to be, did something hiccup or am I just overlooking something? The game is pretty much vanilla (no G&K, but a couple of other DLCs). Thanks.

Yeah the experience you can gain from the barbarians is capped to 30 XP (two promotions). So after you hit that limit you dont' get any XP from barbarians. This is for per unit so you can always bring another unexperienced unit to get some XP from them.

There go my plans for power units. Simpler and easier, it seems, to just built the Barracks and Armory, but the culture points are still nice. Thanks for the quick answer.

There go my plans for power units. Simpler and easier, it seems, to just built the Barracks and Armory, but the culture points are still nice. Thanks for the quick answer.

Not simpler and not easier. The two promotions you can gain this way come earlier than barracks + armory become available.

Top Bottom