Unit XP satelite idea

bhavv

Glorious World Dictator
From the general discussion section, most people are glad that unit XP buildings are removed from the game, one of the main concerns being that they no longer have to maximise unit XP buildings to get the most effective units trained.

However this just made me think that in a similar way to the resource generating satellites, what if we could have unit XP satelites?

They could work in the same way, by providing 1-2 chances at promoting a unit in their influence range (multiple units under their range wouldn't result in more promotions, just 1 or 2 upgrades in total).

This eliminates the need to build XP buildings first, and you can add XP, albeit very slowly to units you already have.

What's the story justification? Best I can come up with is that the satellite transmits war nightmares to everyone. :p

The satelite eliminates muscle and brain fatigue / wear and tear to units under it allowing them to train permanently under the satelites influence?

Or it immediately repairs / replaces worn out / damaged muscles / joints etc.

Or it stores and transmits combat experience to units within its influence.

I thinks its a novel idea, but perhaps more realistic (and easier to implement) is a satellite that heals friendly units for 20 per turn or something. Very useful on the front lines.

I thinks its a novel idea, but perhaps more realistic (and easier to implement) is a satellite that heals friendly units for 20 per turn or something. Very useful on the front lines.

TACNET already autoheals units under it.

Top Bottom