United States Marine Corps: Modern Amphibious Assault Units

AnthonyBoscia

Emperor

What good are all those amphibious ships without Marines to carry?

USMC AAVP-7A1 Amtrack Amtracks carry Marines from ship to shore and then act as massive armored personnel carriers. These tracks have been in service over 40 years.

USMC LAV-25 Recon Vehicle Light armored recon vehicle with 25 mm cannon and coax.

USMC AH-1W SuperCobra Upgraded version of Marine attack helicopter in a paint scheme from the late 80s.

Last edited:
Dear LAV25 - where have you been all These years...??:crazyeye:

Thank you so much Anthony for this long missed unit

I too have wished for the LAV-25 for a long time, and now first gwendoline and now you Anthony.

Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a very useful modern vehicle with many nations.

During 2012 the Marines came to Ceveland and launched an amphibious assault from Lake Erie to "capture" Burke Lakefront Airport. It was only one LCAV and a few Amtracks, but it was still amazing to watch! And they had ample air support, too.

Units are awesome.

Tony, thank you very much for all your great and wonderful work! :hatsoff::thanx:

Thanks, guys. The amtrack was a real project but was one I wanted to get right. I learned a lot about Bryce motion lab on these units, with great assistance from Delta Strife. The Cobra model came with a gorgeous texture and it did all the hard work for me. Like photographing a supermodel.

Top Bottom