1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Units always auto promote

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by CMYKat, Jan 11, 2019.

1. CMYKat

CMYKat Chieftain

In v38.5 whenever a unit has enough experience to gain a promotion the unit picks a random one for itself instead of letting me pick it. also the auto promote button as well as the auto upgrade button are missing

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Check your BUG settings. Green Insect head icon top left on Main screen. Has tabs for get which one has those setting under it so you will have to do some looking.

3. CMYKat

CMYKat Chieftain

i see hide auto promote under the automation tab but that is about it

I switched to v38 and they still auto promote

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

There might be a game option (top right core game options) that sets autopromotion. I'm not seeing this issue on any current games so it's a local option setting somewhere.

5. CMYKat

CMYKat Chieftain

thank you i will try reinstalling everything and get back to you later

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

Proabably need to have it un-hidden then check the units to see if they have it set. Having it hidden means you wont be able to turn it on or off.

I don't remember there being a game option to do auto promote but if there is you will need o go into World Builder (Ctrl-W while playing) to try and turn it off. World Builder game options are bugged on smaller resolutions as the screen don't have scroll bars to get to all the options.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I wasn't thinking that kind of game option. There isn't one like that for it. The core vanilla game options like where you can set graphic options is where I thought I'd recalled seeing something. But you're probably right that it's actually set on the units themselves. I just thought there was a way to make it be the default units come out set to in one of the bug or core game options.

8. CMYKat

CMYKat Chieftain

Thank you all for replying! I tried looking in world edit, even after reinstalling civ4 BTS and redownloading the lastest version, and they still auto promote

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Scour through ALL options and settings. You will find something there. I'd look myself but I'm a bit engaged with the project I'm entrenched in here.